Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Vintage Santa

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Well, it was another rain day, but the workers came out to work on our deck remodel.  They came around 11:00 for a couple of hours anyway. We are having more rain tomorrow so I don't think they will get a full day of work, but we will see what tomorrow brings. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for this week's color challenge #994 on Splitcoaststampers. Our color trio is poppy parade, cherry cobbler and lemon-lime twist. Optional was to use plaid paper. I added a 2" plaid strip to the card inside. It's from the Stampin' Up "festive farmhouse" collection.
cherry cobbler, lemon-lime twist, poppy parade

I thought these colors called for Christmas and I had the perfect stencil. I bought this Vintage Santa stencil last year from The Ton Stamps but didn't get to use it last Christmas.

This layering stencil has 6 different layers including one to color your background which I did with lemon-lime twist ink.

I used poppy parade for my first layer and cherry cobbler for the 2nd layer for Santa's suit and gloves. Part of Santa's beard is blended with smoky slate ink. I used a flesh ink for his face.

My sentiment is from the Hero Arts "Christmas Messages" and OI stamped in cherry cobbler ink. To complete my card I added some cherry cobbler enamel dots. Now I have another Christmas card for my 2024 stash. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time......God bless.

Card Details: 
Stamps: Christmas Messages (Hero Arts)
Paper: cherry cobbler (Stampin' Up), Bristol smooth (Canson)
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Ink: poppy parade, cherry cobbler, lemon-lime twist, smoky slate, festive farmhouse dsp, (Stampin' Up), twisted citron distress, black soot (Ranger), flesh pink (The Ton)
Accessories: Vintage Santa Stencil (The Ton Stamps), cheery cobbler enamel dots (Stampin' Up)

I am also entering:
2.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge is anything goes. 
3Christmas Crafts All Year Round has a Santa, Gnomes or Elves challenge. 
4.  MLCCB #55 is anything goes Christmas. 
5Christmas with the Cuties has a 2 or more papers challenge



2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an awesome card and stencil, it's beautiful!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails