Thursday, April 25, 2024

Mother's Day Easel and Treat Box

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today with The Charmed Life Blog. 

Well primary election day is over in PA. I worked the polls for 3 hours passing out literature. I like doing this because it gives me a chance to talk to people in the district that I represent. I am an elected committee woman here. I only got involved 2 years ago and I like being a part of the activity.

Now onto my card for today. This is an easel treat box I created for a Mother's Day gift. I have all the design steps below. 
Design Steps:
I used a card base from my stash and cut off ½" on the solid part of the base. Then I scored at 2-3/4", 5-1/2" (is already scored), 6-1/2" and 7-1/2".
I used Scor-Tape on the dotted end of the card base and then folded on all the score lines. The small tab gets taped to the inside to form a box shape.
Easel Card Assembly: 
I used a curry shade of cardstock measuring 10" x 2 1/4" and scored at 2 1/2" and 5". I used double sided tape and attached to the top of the box.
Then a 2nd piece of the curry cardstock (5" x 2 1/2") that will be for the image panel. I attached this to the easel panel with double sided tape to the bottom half of the panel only.

Inside Drawer Box:
Crushed curry cardstock measuring 9" x 6 1/8" and scored at 3/4" x 1 3/4" on all 4 sides.

Then you are going to cut the shorter ends only to form tabs. Cut the first 2 squares off each corner. Then cut the 1st square in the 2nd row. On the 2nd square in the 2nd row you will cut at an angle to form tabs. Add Scor Tape to the panels as shown in this photo
Peel the backing from the tape on the short sides first and fold over each tab on the score lines towards the inside. Next remove the backing from the long sides and fold these over the angled tabs. The box will look like this photo when folded.

Decorating the Image Panel:
I cut a piece of white cardstock 4 7/8" x 2 3/8". This panel is decorated with the CottageCutz Spring Tulips in a grape cardstock. I also used the Fence & Grass die on this panel. I cut the fence in white for a background, but I didn't want it prominent. Stamped a Mother's Day sentiment.
To make a stop for the easel, I used a banner from my stash and stamped a sentiment in grape ink. This is secured with dimensional adhesive. This is the easel image standing up. I used the celebrate with shadow die and added another tulip and greenery.
This is a photo showing the box with the chocolate kisses inside.
Whew! This was a long post but I hope I have given you an idea for a Mother's Day card and treat box.

That's it for me for today so until next time......God bless.

I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Gals has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Paper Craft Crew #567 challenge is florals. 
3.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is anything goes. 
4.  The Paper Funday is anything goes w/optional of sweet treats. 
5.  Shopping Our Stash has a Mamma Mia challenge. 
6Moving Along with the Times has a fancy fold challenge. 
7.  TTTC246 challenge - I chose bottom row- gems- patterned paper- die cuts. 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful design, love the purple flowers and such a creative way to give a gift and card together! Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous treat box/card for Mother's Day! I would love receiving this filled with those yummy treats. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful blog...so detailed and helpful. I love this idea and it is always great when our papercraft is something useful! Thank you joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning treat box. The design is very pretty and I love the colour choice. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. JUDY DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Mother's Day treat box...perfect!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our new “Mama Mia” challenge over at Shopping Our Stash.

    Deb Horst, DT #SOS520

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails