Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Happy Mother's Day


Hello Blogger Friends. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Well, our deck project is finished. We had a beautiful sunshine day yesterday and today. The workers were able to get a full day in and it's complete. The company we chose does excellent work and we are completely satisfied. I will definitely give a recommendation. 

My hubby has a couple of other home projects in mind, but he won't tell me what they are. I guess he thinks I might bug him about getting them done. Oh well, I just may think of some projects myself (LOL)!!!

Now onto my card for today. I am starting to make my Mother's Day cards. I send them out to both my daughters-in-law, my mother-in-law and several of my friends. I usually need about 10 of them. I just bought this paper pad from Divinity Designs, and they will make for some quick and easy cards. There are several designs of different Spring flowers. So more to come.

This one I made for the color challenge #995. We were to use granny apple green, crushed curry and black for her color trio. Optional was to use any other green. The other green is in my designer paper.

crushed curry, granny apple green, black

I let the designer paper be the star of the show. The paper is from the "Spring Flowers 2" collection from Divinity Designs. It had the challenge colors except black.

I added a couple of bees to the daffodil garden. I popped those up for added depth. I cut a stitched cloud from the designer paper and stamped my sentiment. I also popped the cloud up.

That's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless.  

Card Details: 
Stamps: may good things grow (PaperPumpkin 2018)
Paper: granny apple green, black, crushed curry (Stampin' Up), Spring Flowers 2 Pad (Divinity Designs),
Paper Size: 4" x 8"
Ink: chocolate chip (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: bee die, stitched cloud die (CottageCutz)
Techniques: slimline card

I am also entering:
1.  A Perfect Time to Craft has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Beautiful Blossoms challenge is anything goes with florals. 
3.  Daisy Chain Challenge is not square. 
4Die Cut Divas challenge is a Spring card. 
5.  Aud Sentiments challenge is Watercolor or Spring + a sentiment. 







3 comments:

  1. Honestly Mary, I thought the designer paper were stamps and you've colored the background. The paper makes a stunning background and a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenges
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background is great to use for your Mother's Day Card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always love to see your flowers at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
    Thank you for sharing with us!
    xoxo, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails