Thursday, April 11, 2024

Garden Bicycle

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

I have mentioned in previous posts that our deck is getting redone. The old wood is being replaced with a composite that is very low maintenance. The workers are doing a great job, but the weather just hasn't cooperated. It has rained every day but one in the almost 2 weeks they have been here. 

They started today and worked until about 11:30 when the downpour started. Hopefully they will be back tomorrow. Although the weather forecast is calling for rain once again. They have 2-3 days left to complete the job. 

Now onto my card for today.  I made this card for a friend who moved to the Pittsburgh area last summer.

It's been an adjustment for her, but she has been slowly finding her way around and starting to feel like she belongs. She is an avid bike rider and spent a lot of time on our dedicated trails that meander through wooded areas as well as along our rivers. So, I thought she would like this special card.

I started my card with a sketch that I had saved on one of my Pinterest boards. It's an older one but I thought it would work well to showcase the garden bicycle and the addition of the ribbon and the punched daisy edge makes it a bit more feminine.

I cut my bicycle in colors that coordinated with my designer paper and that look like her bike. Just to make it a bit more special.
For my background papers I used 2 different patterns of designer papers. The pink dotted paper (1 7/8" x 5 1/4") is from the Stampin' Up "pop of pink specialty paper" and it's layered on melon mambo cardstock (2" x 5 3/8"), the flowered paper (2 1/8" x 5 1/4") is from the "cheerful treat" collection" and it's layered on lucky limeade cardstock (2 1/4" x 5 3/8").
Next, I added a bow with a lucky limeade brad center and a daisy edge cut from a Martha Stewart punch.
I stamped my sentiment in gray ink on a white rectangle panel and attached the bicycle. I layered this  panel on a melon mambo panel.
To finish off my card, I attached the image panel with dimensional adhesive and added a few melon mambo enamel dots.

Well, that's it for me for this post so until next time......God bless. 

I am also entering:
1Crafty Gals Corner is anything goes. 
2.  Fab 'n' Funky wants us to add a sentiment. 
3.  Gem of a Challenge is anything goes. 
4A Perfect Time to Craft is anything goes. 
5.  Love to Craft Challenge is anything goes. 

   
  

1 comment:

  1. A very thoughtful card for your friend, you made great use of the sketch, love the colours and the cute pink bicycle. Thank you so much for sharing at Fab'n' Funky
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails