Saturday, April 20, 2024

Fun in the Sun

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Another weekend is upon us and hopefully you have some crafty plans. Although this time of year there are many outdoor projects to start as well.  I am fortunate that my hubby takes care of the outside. I am responsible for the inside. It's a fair deal in my mind. We have a big front, 2 sides and back yard. He has it beautifully landscaped with flowers for all seasons.  And that is in addition to his vegetable gardens. 

I just finished my cleaning and now I have time to get crafty. This card I made for the Free for All Challenge on Splitcoaststampers. We are to use the word "happy" in the sentiment or create a design that reflects joy. This card will go to my California son for his birthday, and he is an avid surfer. When he is out in the ocean that definitely brings him joy. 

I used the contents of the July 2023 Paper Pumpkin Kit from Stampin' Up. Instead of making a fun fold, I turned the contents into a slimline card for a bit of an upstyle. I had this card saved on my Pinterest board and used it for inspiration. Changed it up some by eliminating the ribbon, adding starfish, a clam and keeping the boat that was on the designer paper. I also used a different stamp set.

Stamped my sentiment using a stamp set from MFT in azure afternoon ink and this card is complete. Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless.

Card Details:
Stamps: Mermazing (MFT)
Paper: white (Gina K Designs)
Paper Size: 8 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Ink: azure afternoon (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: July 2023 Paper Pumpkin Kit (Stampin' Up)
Techniques: slimline card
I am also entering:
1.  Cut It Up has a starts with a "B" challenge. This is a beach card plus the boat.
2.  My Time to Craft has a die cuts challenge.  
3.  Just Us Girls has an inspiration challenge with a moodboard. 
4.  Double D Challenge is water related- ocean, rain waterfall.
  


9 comments:

  1. Such a fun card full of "B's" ~blues, boards, beach, boat, beautiful sky! So happy you shared this fun design with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FABULOUS beachy scene you have created Mary! Love it!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  3. This beachy/ocean scene you've created is fantastic! Love your card, Mary. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the bright colors on this fantastic card. It lifts my spirits! Thanks for joining in the fun at Double D Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary! This is a fabulous card! I bet your son loved it. Love the bright colors. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great use of the PP kit! Love how you chose parts and pieces of it for a slimline card. Makes me wish I could be on a place to a caribbean island! Thanks for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and colorful card, Mary. Perfect for your surfing son. And for our challenge. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, this is amazing! So happy to see it among the winners this week at JUGS!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely! Makes me want to be in California too! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails