Thursday, April 18, 2024

Artist Palette

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It was a beautiful Spring Day here in Pittsburgh. We were out early this morning for our 2-mile walk. It always feels so good to be out walking with the sun shining and it's not cold. 

We have been having a lot of carpenter bees, honeybees and wasps here the past few days. Maybe because there was 2 weeks of rain, and none were around. I guess they are looking for places to make a hive. 

We have lots of trees here, so I am never quite sure why they go for the porch or the deck or even the garage. When they nest in an inappropriate place my hubby has to knock the hive down for our safety. He always catches the hive formation in its early stages. Mostly it's the wasp nests that he discovers. 

Anyway, onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #996 on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use lemon lolly, polished pink and parakeet party for her color trio. Optional this week is to use an embossing folder. The option didn't work for me on this card. 
My card is using a new to me die from Spellbinders - the painter's palette. I created a shaped card using the die. My daughter-in-law is an art teacher, and this will be her card for Mother's Day.

I cut the artist palette in ivory cardstock. The paint blobs are cut in the challenge colors + designer paper in crumb cake and smoky slate. 

I cut two of the blobs in lemon lolly cardstock and added the same color ink to get a deeper yellow shade.
The brush is pecan pie and metallic silver (neutrals).

To get splatters on the palette, I used a brush and the challenge color reinkers to flick ink on the palette. What artist would have a clean palette?

I used the Tim Holtz "chitchat stickers" to add the sentiment. The Mother's Day greeting will be on the card inside.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time.....God bless. 

Card Details:
Paper: ivory, polished pink, lemon lolly, white, metallic silver, perfectly artistic dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: polished pink, lemon lolly, parakeet party (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Painters Palette die (Spellbinders), Chitchat stickers (Tim Holtz)
I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Gals Corner has an anything goes challenge
2Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday Challenge is anything goes. 
3.  Fab 'n' Funky wants us to add a sentiment. 
4.  Unicorn Challenge Blog wants us to use dies.
5.  Creative Inspiration Challenge is anything goes.  



2 comments:

  1. Great fun card with lovely colours, thanks for playing aslong with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our April challenge!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails