Monday, April 1, 2019

Bunny Hugs

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this first day of April. I did play a little April fools joke on my hubby. He laughed but said he knew I was joking. Then later on he played one on me and got me.

I can't believe how quickly March went to the history books. And, I am quickly coming to the end of another Pre-School year. That has even gone by much faster. We have a good group of kiddos this year. So loving and kind to us as well as each other.

Let's move onto my card for today. This one I created for my DT stint on the Splitcoaststampers sketch challenge team. Ally was our hostess, and she gave us a unique sketch. It had me thinking but in the end I loved using this layout for my card. 
I decided to go with an Easter card and used a new die from the CottageCutz Spring collection. It's the Peeking Egg Bunny die.

My background paper is from the Stampin'-Up "Sweet Pea" collection. Then I used colors (gorgeous grape, pear pizzazz, pretty in pink and marina mist) that I thought worked with the pumpkin color of the designer paper and my card base.

For elements 2 and 3 of the sketch, I used a stitched square die cut in pear pizzazz and gorgeous grape cardstock. Then I cut the square panels in half to create the diamond shape.

For the image panel (element 4 of the sketch), I used the same size square die and just trimmed the top and sides per the sketch layout.

Sponged some clouds with a cloud stencil and tumbled glass distress ink. I got creative with element 5 of the sketch and used the "Bunny" sentiment for the rectangle panel. Stamped the hugs sentiment and my card was complete.

Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time...…..God Bless.
Stamps: hugs & kisses (Lasting Impressions)
Paper: pumpkin pie, gorgeous grape, pear pizzazz, whisper white, pretty in pink, sweet pea dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: gorgeous grape, pear pizzazz (Stampin'-Up), tumbled glass distress (Ranter)
Accessories: peeking egg bunny, bunny kisses & easter wishes, stitched square dies (CottageCutz), cloud stencil (MFT)


dies I used to create card:
I am also entering:
1.  Addicted to Stamps has a Spring challenge. 
2Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge. 
3Inkspirational has a word prompt challenge "cloud"
4.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes w/optional of stitching - real or faux.


2 comments:

  1. A sweet and funny card did you make Mary. Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
    Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, a cute card to celebrate Easter, thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends... good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails