Saturday, April 27, 2019

Magic Dragon

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
Our day started off on a sad note. We had a memorial service to attend. It was for a woman that we have known since she was a teenager. She had a massive heart attack and died immediately at the age of 56.  She left behind her husband and 2 adult children.
 
There were several Pastors who spoke who knew them both well. Everyone focused on her exuberant personality. It was such an uplifting service. We celebrated her life and she left a legacy of people she touched.
 
We had an opportunity to see old friends that we used to go to church with back in the 1980's. So that was nice.
 
Now let's move onto my card for today. This card I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz blog. I used the Magic Dragon die to create a card for a friend. She needed a card to say "sorry" for something she didn't get done as promised.
 
Well, I just happened to have one of those "punny" sentiments mentioning a dragon and the new sweet dragon die. I decided to sponge a cloud and grassy slopes on the background with distress inks. I used an MFT stencil for both. On the clouds I used tumbled glass distress ink and on the hilly slopes I used mowed lawn distress inks.
Next, I cut the dragon from Stampin'-Up garden green, granny apple green and mango melody cardstocks.
I stamped the sentiment and decided to add some cucumber crush baker's twine.
To complete my card I attached the image panel to the cucumber card base, scattered a few enamel dots and added a bow.
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless.
 
I am also entering:
1.  A Gem of a Challenge has an anything goes.
2.  Crafty Catz has anything goes with twist of adding a sentiment.
3.  Time Out Challenges has a playful challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck
    Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your friend-my prayers are with you x. Your card sure is playful and such a great design with some fab techniques-love the pun! Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about the lose of your friend!
    I love that dragon! He is so cute! Love how you created the background! Thanks for joining us at A Gem of A Challenge!
    Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear of your loss... my condolences

    You card is very fun - I love all the detail on that dino die-cut - it creates such fun texture and dimension! Thanks so much for getting playful with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails