Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Rainy Day Duck

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog.
 
Here we are in April and lots happening. The biggest one is taxes. We used to take our taxes to an accountant. I would compile everything and prepare a spreadsheet for him. So I did half the work.
 
Then 2 years ago he called and started asking me questions. When I mentioned submitting a spreadsheet, he said he didn't have one. Uh- excuse me I took 2 days to get it all together and gave it to the person in your office who took my return.
I knew right then and there he wasn't getting my business the next year.
 
I thought about how I used to use TurboTax. So I went back to that software and have used that for the last 2 years. It works for us. I just went out and bought it today. So I have to get busy and get all the financial stuff in order. I will be glad when its done and filed.
 
Anyway, let's move onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #729 and also the sketch challenge #739 on Splitcoaststampers.
 
The color challenge optional was Springtime images. I thought this little ducky playing in a rain puddle was definitely Springtime fun. I liked this sketch because of all the layers. It gave me the opportunity to use some of my gigantic stack of designer paper.
 
I used the new Rainy Day Duck die from CottageCutz on my image panel. I gave her a fancy umbrella by using melon mambo designer paper and granny apple green for the handle. My background striped paper is from Stampin'-Up  but it was the last piece and I don't have the collection name.

I didn't add a sentiment because I am not sure how I will use this card yet. I think it will make a cute thinking of you or a get well card. Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time...….God Bless.
 
card details:
Paper: so saffron, granny apple green, pool party, melon mambo, smoky slate, tangerine tango, dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: smoky slate (Stampin'-Up)
Accessories: rainy day duck, pierced rectangle dies (CottageCutz), cloud bank, come rain or shine dies (Memory Box)
Dies used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzrainydayduck.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpiercedrectanglesetbasics.aspx

I am also entering:
1.  Lemon Shortbread has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Unicorn Challenge has a spots and/or stripes challenge. I used both.
3.  A Place to Start has an anything goes challenge.
4.  Crafting From the Heart has an anything goes challenge.
5.  Use Your Stuff has a fuzzy-wuzzy challenge.
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Mary, this is just too adorable. You could not have chosen better papers for the backgrounds and that focal image is beautifully crafted! Thanks so much for playing along with us at A Place To Start! We look forward to seeing more of your work this month!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    A Place To Start Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wonderful use of dies for your card. Love that you used patterned paper for your umbrella. Thanks for playing at A Place To Start this month and good luck.
    Scarlett xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this! Love that little duckie. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so cute! Love the duck and all the wonderful colors on here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff! Amanda - DT

      Delete
  5. Really cute dies and great striped paper.Thank you for joining us at Unicorn
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
    DT Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn, Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! You are a Top Sprout at A Place To Start! Please stop by our challenge and grab your badge!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    A Place To Start Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails