Saturday, April 6, 2019

Big Bunny Hug


Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this first Saturday in April.
 
Spring has sprung here in Pittsburgh. The crocus and daffodils are in bloom in our gardens. Tulips are coming up but probably wont bloom until Easter time. My hubby has been busy already cleaning up the yard and getting his beds ready for planting.
 
He already has lettuce and kale in and our garlic is coming up. I used the garlic scapes last year in my pesto and it was delicious. They are the greenery from the garlic bulbs that are in the ground. There are more uses for the scapes I am sure. So I will be scouring the internet for recipes.
 
Now let's move onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I used the Sketch #743 from Splitcoaststampers. I thought the rectangle panels would be a good backdrop for the Spring Potted Bunnies.
 
I just bought this designer paper pack from Hobby Lobby. It reminded me of watercoloring and there are 16 different designs and color schemes in the pack. I paired it here with Stampin'-Up gorgeous grape cardstock.
 
Card Base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Designer Paper Panel: 5 3/8" x 4 1/4"
Rectangle Panels:  cut in graduated sizes of 5/8" x 2 1/2", 3/4" x 2 3/4", 7/8" x 3"
 
The bunny pots are all cut from Stampin'-Up cardstock. I used coastal cabana, highland heather and daffodil delight. The bunnies themselves I used naturals white, the carrot is tangerine tango and the greenery is garden green cardstock.  

I stamped my sentiment in black ink and split it between the top and bottom of the image panel. Used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to help with placement. Since the sentiment is already on 2 lines, I just had to mask of the line I wasn't using and stamped.
Added the bunny images using dimensional adhesive. I wanted them lifted slightly off the rectangle panels. Added a few light green  enamel dots to complete the card. Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time...…..God bless.

die I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzspringpottedbunnies.aspx
I am also entering:
1.  My Time to Craft has an Easter or Hedgehogs challenge.
2.  Sweet Stampin' has a mellow yellow or anything goes option (my choice) I did use some yellow
3.  Fairy and Unicorn has an anything goes challenge with optional rabbits.
4.  Alphabet Challenge has an "A" for animals challenge.
5.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes w/optional to use your dies.
 

4 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MTTC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute bunnies and a pretty background, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge and hope to see you again
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet bunny card!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenge!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    Silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! I love these adorable bunnies! This card is perfect for Easter. Thank you for playing in my Animals challenge at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails