Thursday, April 11, 2019

Easter Cross

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this Thursday in April.  
We had a busy day at Pre-School today. The kids got to dye Easter eggs, make a little bunny project and decorate their bags for our Easter egg hunt next Tuesday.
 
The bags turned out so cute. I bought pink ones for the girls and yellow ones for the boys. I used foam alphabet letters to put their name on the bags. We gave them different foam shapes to decorate their bags.
 
Then we had a Mom come in for our mystery reader. The kids loved the story and were so attentive. She brought them a cookie treat to take home. So all in all in was a fun day for the kids.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #CC732. Barbara was our hostess and she chose early espresso, powder pink and soft seafoam for her color combo. Optional this week is designer paper.
For my card I thought I would try an Easter card. I wasn’t sure how it would work because these colors are so subtle – well except for the early espresso, but I pulled it off.

My background designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "fresh florals" collection. I used the early espresso for my card base. It’s a nice accent for the powder pink.

The cross is cut in early espresso cardstock and designer paper. I cut the lilies in powder pink and for the stems I used the soft seafoam. I sponged the stems with the same color ink to make them just a bit darker.

I finished off my card by stamping my Easter sentiment in early espresso ink, added some green ribbon and scattered a few sequins.
 
Well that's it for me for this post so until next time...……God bless.
 
card details:
 
Stamps: Blessings (MFP)
Paper: early espresso, powder pink, soft seafoam, whisper white, fresh florals & early espresso dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Seafoam (Stampin'-Up)
Accessories: cross with spring lilies, oval dies (CottageCutz), celery ribbon, iridescent sequins (Stampin'-Up)
dies used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcrosswithspringlilies.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  Aud Sentiments Challenge wants us to use an Easter/Spring sentiment.
2.  Cute Card Thursday has an Easter challenge.
3.  Moving Along with the Times has a that Spring feeling challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, thank you for joining us at MAWTT xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge. Good luck Ginny ♥ Aud Sentiments
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely and serene, Mary! Your use of the Cottage Cutz die is breathtaking! Thanks for sharing your crafty project at the Moving Along With the Times Challenge Blog, and for supporting us. We hope you will visit again. Wishes for a wonderful day.
    Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is ever so pretty,

    Thanks for playing along at both MAWTT and Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, I love the die cuts!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week for our Challenge!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails