Saturday, April 20, 2019

Egg Painting Bunny

Hello Blogger Friends. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed life Blog today.

It's the Saturday before Easter. I was up early and off to the store to pick up the last items for my dinner tomorrow.
I am going to try a new recipe for one of my side dishes. It's asparagus with Dijon mustard cream sauce. I had it several years ago at a cooking class I went to and liked it. So hopefully the in-laws will like it as well. Just in case, I also decided to make baby carrots in a honey butter sauce.

For dessert I am serving an burnt almond torte. There is a local bakery that makes them and they are fabulous. So I am all set for dinner. The house is clean except for the kitchen. I just have to wipe up the floor and clean all the stainless steel appliances. That is an every other day job so not much to do there.

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #733. I was the hostess this week and I chose highland heather, gorgeous grape and pear pizzazz as my color trio.  Optional was to make it Easter or Spring.

For this card I used the MojoMonday sketch #512 for my layout.

The egg painting bunny is a die from CottageCutz. The bunny is cut in baked brown sugar and crumb cake cardstocks (neutrals). I cut the other elements in the challenge colors. I stamped my sentiment in the corner at an angle for interest.

The background designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "frosted floral specialty" collection. The color is gray granite as is the card base (neutrals). The center striped designer paper is from the Stampin Up "brights" collection.

Scattered a few highland heather sequins to complete this card. This card made its way to my neighbor for her little girl.

Well that's it for me for this post. Time to get busy with my la:minute chores.

Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzeggpaintingbunny.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedsquaresetbasics.aspx
I am also entering:
1.  Fairy and Unicorn Blog has an anything goes w/optional of Easter rabbits.
2.  Brown Sugar has a Spring or Fall challenge.  
3.  Crafty Catz has anything goes. Optional - all creatures great and small.
4.  Crafty Gals has an Easter challenge.
5.  Creative Moments has an anything goes w/optional of Spring or Easter.



5 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this! Perfect match :) Thank you for entering our Brown Sugar Challenge :) Alina DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. These dies are absolutely awesome! Love all of the purple tones.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Easter challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card thanks for sharing at Crafty catz this week and hope to see you back in the next challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card, perfect for easter!!!! 🌺🌺🌺🌺
    Thanks for entering it into the spring or fall challenge at Brown Sugar Challenge Blog.
    Good luck in the draw and hope you can join us again for our next challenge.
    Kisssssssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for my late comments, a great and cute craft woork thanks for your participation at crafty catz challangeblog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails