Saturday, April 13, 2019

Magical Unicorn Birthday

Hello Blogger Friends. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this Saturday in April.
 
It's income tax weekend for me. Our Federal, State and local taxes need to be filed by this Monday. I used Turbo Tax software so that makes it easier. Hopefully I don't run into any glitches and things go smoothly. It's going to be a warm, sunny weekend and I want to be able enjoy some of it.
 
That being said let's move onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I started my card with this week's sketch #744 from Splitcoaststampers. The layout would allow my background paper to be seen.

I found this pink marble designer paper at Hobby Lobby. I thought it had a magical look to it and would work well with my unicorn image.
I like the colors of the unicorn on the die packaging so I used similar ones. Powder pink, highland heather and coastal cabana cardstocks are all from Stampin'-Up.  The unicorn is the Princess Pony die and there is a horn included to make it a unicorn.
I used an MFT stamp for the magical word. The unicorn phrase is from the new CottageCutz Magical Unicorn Dreams die. I decided to stamp the birthday sentiment on a cloud image. This stamp is an old one from MFP.
I assembled the image panel using a variety of adhesive- Ranger multi matte medium, double sided tape and dimensional adhesive.
I finished up my card by scattering a few stars. They fit the magical theme of this card. Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time...….God bless.
dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzprincesspony.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzmagicalunicorndreams.aspx


I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Friends has a birthday challenge.
2.  Inkspirational has a pop it up challenge. I popped up my unicorn with dimensional adhesive.
3.  The Fairy and the Unicorn Blog has an anything goes challenge.
4.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes w/optional to make us smile.
5.  Daring Cardmakers has a bingo board. I used the stamping, paper and die cuts row.
 

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, that really is a cute die cut and the background paper is perfect, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a daughter that loves unicorns and this is just fabulous. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the unicorn die cut, beautiful card. Thank you for joining us this week at Daring Cardmakers.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello… it’s so lovely to see you have shared one of your lovely cards with us. Thanks for entering your card into our ‘Happy Birthday’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet card! That unicorn is a cutie and I love all the shades of pinks in your background. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails