Friday, April 19, 2019

Unicorn Birthday Wish

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today with The Charmed Life Blog.
 
Today is Good Friday and marks the start of  Easter weekend celebrations. We will have a service tonight at church and then on Easter Sunday. It's the reason as Christians that we have hope because of the resurrection of Jesus.
 
We will be celebrating the day with my in-laws here at our home. I am planning a simple dinner but my menu isn't complete as yet. I am still contemplating my vegetable dish. I did get the majority of my shopping done yesterday. So after I figure out the rest, I will make a quick run back to the store.  
 
Now let's move onto my card for today. This one I created for a group DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. There was a new release of dies and we are showcasing them this week.
 
I used the new Unicorn Cupcake and the Fairytale Birthday dies to create my card. The layout is the current MojoMonday sketch. 
 
For the unicorn colors I used the colors on the packaging. It's all Stampin'-Up cardstock in highland heather, balmy blue, so saffron and bermuda bay. The card base is so saffron. I also used some bermuda bay ribbon to divide the card base.
 
I embossed the bottom of the base with the Stampin'-Up "seaside textures" embossing folder. I thought it kept with the ethereal theme of the card.  
 
My background paper is from a paper pack that I bought at Hobby Lobby. I really liked the watercolor look of all the paper. For this card I chose the soft purple pattern. I finished off my card by scattering a few purple enamel dots.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. Time to get busy with my day. Stop by again tomorrow because I will have another sample using the new dies.
 
dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfairytalebirthday.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzunicorncupcake.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  Cardz 4 Galz has a pretty papers challenge.
2.  Sieze the Birthday has an anything goes challenge.
3.  2 Crafty Critter Crazies has an anything goes with a critter.

5 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unicorns are very popular these days. This is such a cute Birthday card for a one year old. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday.
    Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun image and gorgeous colors! Thanks so much for joining us about at Cardz for Galz.
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card! Love your choice of colors. Thank you for playing with us at Cardz 4 Galz and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card - took me a minute to spot the unicorn!

    Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails