Saturday, March 30, 2019

Vase with Flowers

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this last Saturday in March.
 
Seems like there has been so much going on this month and that's left me with minimal down time. And, this week between Preschool, staying overnight 2x at my son's home and design commitments things in my home have gotten behind.
 
Today I have no plans but to do some cleaning. I know it doesn't sound very exciting but I don't like my house to get messy or out of order. And, that's where its at right now. A few pick ups, sweeper run and bathrooms cleaned and I will be happy. Then off to the grocery store to bring in some food and then out for a walk to get some exercise.
 
But before all of that I wanted to get my Blog post done.  This card I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.
 
My card started with the Splitcoaststampers sketch #742. I was part of that design team for the past 6 months and this was my final week. I liked this week's sketch #742 on Splitcoaststampers because it would allow for a more clean and simple card design. 
 
Having a layout in mind at the card start is always a big boost for me. I love working with the sketches that are out there in the online world. That way I can just choose the card colors and designer paper and I am good to go.
I decided to go with Spring like colors for my card. I used all Stampin'-Up cardstock. The card base is seafoam green, Layer 2 is gorgeous grape, layer 3 granny apple green, layer 4  daffodil delight and layer 5 highland heather. I cut 1/2" cardstock strips and then taped them to a white cardstock base. That way I could be assured everything would be straight and also make placement easier on the card base. 
I wanted bright Spring like colors to continue with the vase and flowers so I again used Stampin'-Up cardstock. The colors are melon mambo, daffodil delight. pretty in pink and old olive. 
 
I assembled my card with double sided tape and Ranger multi matte medium. I brought the greeting panel down lower than what they had it in the sketch. I didn't want the flowers up on the top part of the card. I think it balanced out my card nicely.
I finished off my card by adding a few purple enamel dots to the bottom of the card. That's my card for this post. Time to set started with my day. So until next time...…..God bless.
 
Die I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzspringvasewflowers.aspx
I am also entering:
1.  A Gem of a Challenge has an anything goes.
2Crafty Friends wants us to use Spring colors.
3.  My Time to Craft has a Mother's Day or for a woman challenge.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. A lovely vibrant card. Thank you for taking part in the "My Time To Craft Challenge". DT Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing at My Time to Craft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card,great take on the sketch ...thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge,this week,hope to see you again
    Željka xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails