Wednesday, March 27, 2019

A Day For Tulips

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
We are going to have some beautiful Spring weather the next few days here in Pittsburgh. It's such a bright and sunny day today. I may go out for a walk today to soak up some of the sunshine.
 
I am battling a head cold and that will be the only thing that will keep me from going for a walk. The kids at Pre-School have been sick with coughs and runny noses and some of those nasty germs settled on me (LOL)! I have been taking lots of Vitamin C and diffusing essential oils at night to help me breathe. I have been so stuffed up.
 
I did go to class yesterday and during our morning circle time when one of the little girls found out I was sick, said she wanted to pray for me. This little precious 3 year old folded her hands and said "Jesus I pray you make Miss Mary all better and take her cold  away". It melted my heart.
 
Now that I am all emotional again, it's time to move onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #727. Pam was our hostess and she chose daffodil delight, pear pizzazz and white for her color trio. Optional was to use rhinestones.
pear pizzazz, daffodil delight, white
Somehow I didn't realize our yellow color this week was daffodil delight. I only looked at our color chart 4 or 5 times and I create it. Go figure (lol)!!! So I used so saffron which I wasn't wild about on my tulips but it is what it is.

I thought of tulips when I saw these subtle colors. So, I went with that idea to create my card. The tulip image is from the Stampin'- Up set "Tranquil Tulips". It's a 2-step stamping set. I fussy cut and popped up one of the tulips for interest. For the stems I stamped off once and then stamped then on the white panel.

The background paper is from the Stampin'- Up "sweet pea" collection. I decided to use some pear pizzazz ribbon and added a small bow. My sentiment is from the Broadway Star Paper Pumpkin Kit. I wanted a small sentiment and this one was a perfect size.

To complete my card, I added some pear pizzazz enamel dots. Well that's it for me for this post so until next time...…...God Bless.
 
Stamps: Broadway Star (Paper Pumpkin Kit)
Paper: pear pizzazz, so saffron, whisper white. sweet pea dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: chocolate chip
Accessories: pear pizzazz ribbon, enamel dots (Stampin'-Up)
Techniques: 2 step stamping
 
I am also entering:
1.  Lemon Shortbread has am anything goes challenge.
2.  Try it on Tuesday has a say it with flowers challenge.
3.  Tuesday Throwdown has a pastel challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers. Your colors choices are really pretty too. It's nice to see some not so pink colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an AMAZING project! So utterly beautiful! Thank you very much for joining us over at Try It On Tuesday!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, the flowers look lovely. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails