Saturday, March 16, 2019

Easter Hello

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
We have passed the halfway point in March already. Can you believe it? And, in a few days it will be the first day of Spring. Seems like we didn't have much of a winter here in Pittsburgh. Very little snow and the temps weren't all that cold this year. Sometimes we get a Spring snow storm so we will just wait and see.
 
I have a lot of things I want to get done today so let's move on with this Blog post. I made this card for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. For my card today, I am using the new Hatching Bunny die. He is just too cute peeking out of the cracked egg. I couldn't resist using him on an Easter card. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.
 
Step 1: Having a layout in mind at the card start is always a big bonus for me. That way I can just choose the card colors and designer paper and I am good to go. Since I am guest designing with the sketch team on Splitcoaststampers, I used this week's sketch #740. The somewhat simplistic design using the stacked diamond shapes is a perfect backdrop for this little bunny.
I looked through my designer papers and found this one from the Stampin'-Up "more amore" collection. It's from way back in 2012 but I liked the colors in it. I used pool party and primrose petals as the coordinating colors. 
On the diamond shapes, I sponged backgrounds clouds with tumbled glass distress ink and on the bottom diamond I sponged mowed lawn distress ink.
 The Hatching Bunny and other elements from this die are all cut from cardstock. I used close to cocoa for the bunny, gumball green for the grass, primrose petals for the tulip and pool party designer paper for her little bow.
I stamped my sentiments and added the images to the diamond shapes. I decided to add a die cut sun and scatter some pool party sequins to complete my card.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time...…..God bless.

dies I used to create card:




I am also entering:
1.  2 Crafty Critter Crazies has an anything goes with a critter challenge.
2.  Animal Friends Challenge wants us to use a rabbit.
3.  Crafty Animals has an anything goes challenge.


5 comments:

  1. Eine sehr schöne Karte. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute card and very clever how you layered it to still look like a scene. Thanks for playing along with us this month. Lisa DT Crafty Animals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! Love this new project, will try it out as soon as I have time! Thanks for the clear instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. perfect for easter and springtime. Thanks for sharing at 2CCC. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eine wunderschöne Osterkarte. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.

    Liebe Grüße
    Heike

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails