Friday, March 15, 2019

A Pot of Gold

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
March is rolling right along and we are almost at the halfway point already. This weekend is St Patrick's Day and there will be celebrations many places. Here in Pittsburgh we have a big parade in the downtown area. 
 
I do have Irish heritage in my lineage. My maternal Grandmother was Irish. We don't celebrate the day though. I have never gone to the parade because the spectators get a little rowdy.
 
But I am celebrating with this card I made and sent out to a good friend of ours in Virginia. Hopefully he receives it tomorrow. So let's get started with some details on how I created it.
 
I used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #728. I was the hostess and I chose call me clover, basic black and gold for the color trio.
call me clover, black, gold
Optional was an anything goes option. I encouraged everyone to think out of the box for the optional item. I added this option because I wanted to create a St Patrick's Day card with a rainbow. Since the color challenge limits you to the chosen colors plus neutrals, I knew I had to think out of the box So I decided the rainbow and sponged clouds would be my optional item
 
For the card details: I used the Stampin'-Up rainbow builder dies for the rainbow. The colors are the ones in the rainbow (remember RoyGBiv - LOL). To refresh that would be red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet.
 
The pot of gold, leprechaun hat, shamrock, lucky horseshoe and gold coins are all CottageCutz St Patrick Day dies. They are cut in the challenge colors I selected. The sentiment in the clouds is from the Verve Lucky Day digi set.
 
Well that's my card for this post. So until next time...…..God bless.
 
Stamps: lucky day (Verve)
Paper: call me clover, whisper white, black, real red, tangerine tango, daffodil delight, lemon-lime twist, tempting turquoise, dapper denim, highland heather (Stampin;-Up), kraft-core metallic (Ranger)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: tumbled glass distress (Ranger)
Accessories: St Patrick's Day Phrase & More, Lucky Leprechaun dies (CottageCutz), Rainbow Builder Framelits, gold stars (Stampin'-Up), Mini Cloud Stencil (MFT)

I am also entering:
1.  Polkadoodles has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Simply Create Too  has an anything goes- optional card for a guy- card created for a male friend.
3.  Cute Card Thursday has a celebrate challenge. Celebrating St Patrick's Day

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, I love the die cuts!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week for our Challenge!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card to celebrate St Patrick's day. Thank you for sharing it with us over at Polkadoodle Crafting Challenge. Good luck

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails