Friday, March 29, 2019

Rooster Hugs

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog.
 
Well it's Friday and another weekend is upon us. The last one in March of 2019. We spent last night at my son's home. They are away in Florida and hubby and I were on dog duty. We were there 2 nights this week. My daughter-in-laws Aunt took the 2 other days. We may go back on Sunday night but not sure yet.
 
For dinner tonight my hubby and I went out to a local restaurant and had a fantastic meal. We were given a gift card at Christmas and decided to go and try it out. We were not disappointed.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #730 on Splitcoaststampers. Karen is our hostess and she has chosen bermuda bay, crushed curry, night of navy and poppy parade for her color palette. Optional was to use feathers. 

I just got this new Rooster Stamp and thought it would be a good time to use it. I colored it with a combination of Stampin' Blends and Copic markers.
I masked it then stamped the wheat background in crushed curry ink.

My layout this week is using the new Mojo sketch #511. It has lots of layers- just what I like in a sketch.

My background paper is from the Stampin'-Up "floral boutique" collection. Kind of reminded me of  chicken tracks which is why I used it.  On the small rectangle panel I used the Stampin-Up "gorgeous grunge" stamp set and then added my "hugs phrase".

The horizontal rectangle panel is embossed with the Stampin'-Up "Seaside" embossing folder. I finished off my card my adding 3 night of navy enamel dots.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time...….God bless.
 
card details:
 
Stamps: home to roost, gorgeous grunge (Stampin'-Up)
Paper: night of navy, poppy parade, whisper white, floral boutique dsp (Stampin'-Up), X-Press It Blending cardstock (Copic)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: night of navy, crushed curry (Stampin'-Up)
Accessories: stampin'-Up Blends - bermuda bay, crumb cake, daffodil delight, Seaside Embossing Folder, navy enamel dots (Stampin'-Up) Copic Markers R24, R27, Sending Hugs, rectangle and circle dies (CottageCutz)
I am also entering: 
1.  Alphabet Challenge is "A" for animal.
2.  PolkaDoodles has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Creative Moments has an anything goes challenge.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. A great card! Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge. Sian (DT).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty card, featuring Home to Roost. Love that stamp set!! Your colors are wonderful to showcase him. Thank you for playing in my "Animal" challenge at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card....nice design and very natural colors. Thank you for joining us at https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/.
    xxx Plony (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely make thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails