Sunday, March 10, 2019

Hugs and Thanks

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this Sunday in March.
 
Well it's the start of daylight savings time so hope you all remembered to turn the clocks ahead I hour. It's always difficult losing an hours sleep and getting up to it being dark again in the morning. But, we will have an extra hour of daylight at the end of the day, and I love that!!!
 
Our church was a bit emptier this morning. I am guessing that had to do with the time change?
We had a brunch after church and the food was delicious. Lots of breakfast foods as well as lunch dishes.
The group that put it on made a Rueben casserole and was it ever delicious. I love Rueben sandwiches so this was perfect for me. I ate way to much so I definitely will be taking a walk this afternoon. Need to walk off some of those calories.
 
Now let's move onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #724 on Splitcoaststampers. Karen was our hostess and she chose cherry cobbler, old olive and crumb cake (kraft) for her color trio. 
Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler
I needed a thank you card for a friend that gave me some coffee themed gifts. So these colors worked out fine for me. On my card background, I used the new Stampin'-Up Corrugated embossing folder.
 
The ribbon is also Stampin'-Up - it's their Christmas burlap trim. I found some older Christmas designer paper from Stampin'-Up that had the challenge colors in it. It's their "jolly holiday" collection. I didn't think it looked like Christmas so I went ahead and used it. 
 
For the dies, they are all from CottageCutz. I used the cocoa & sweet treats die for the coffee and donut image and the sending hugs die for the word phrase. The stamped sentiment is a set from MFT.
 
Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time...…..God bless.  
Stamps: kind words (MFT)
Paper: old olive, cherry cobbler, crumb cake, choc chip, very vanilla, jolly holiday dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: tuxedo black (Memento)
Accessories: cocoa & sweet treats, sending hugs dies (CottageCutz), striped burlap trim, corrugated embossing folder (Stampin'-Up)


I am also entering: 
1.  A Gem of a Challenge is anything goes.
2.  Sweet Stampin' has an anything goes + option of Shrove Tuesday.
3.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely striking colours! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Lovely to have you play along with us. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card,great colors and design...Thank you for joining us at A Gem of A Challenge ,hope to see you again
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails