Saturday, March 23, 2019

He is Risen

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this Saturday in March.
 
We are enjoying a bit of winter weather here In Pittsburgh. It snowed last night and covered the grassy areas. It's cold and blustery but  the sun is shining brightly and will melt all that snow soon enough.
 
I am creating Easter cards right now. I usually send out between 8-10 to family and friends. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.
 
For my card I used the sketch #741 from Splitcoaststampers. I liked the layout and gave me the opportunity to use designer paper and ribbon on my card.
I used some older designer paper from the Stampin'-Up "Venetian Romance" collection. I paired it with the coordinating colors of pistachio pudding and island indigo.
I cut my cross image in island indigo cardstock and the oval background in pistachio pudding.
I wanted a sentiment on the oval but just the words "He is". I found an Easter stamp that had those words so I masked off the other part that I didn't want to use and with the help of my MISTI, stamped it on an angle in island indigo ink.
 
I cut the Risen phrase from the die and added to my card. I cut it 2x just for a bit more dimension.
Added some purple ribbon and enamel dots to complete this card. Enjoy your weekend and until next time...…..God bless.
 
dies I used to create card: 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzheisrisencross.aspx
I am also entering:
1.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Aud Sentiments - any sentiment except happy birthday.
3.  C.R.A.F.T. has a Spring/Easter challenge.
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Easter card.
    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails