Saturday, March 9, 2019

Peeking Snowmen

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

Wow - I have been absent on my Blog posts for awhile. We went away for 4 days last week to San Francisco. And prior to that I was busy getting my DT commitments finished before I left.

We went out to visit with my son and his family. My precious 8 year old granddaughter is playing basket in a YWCA league. The team members are from her 2nd grade class. They don't keep score and have very limited rules. But it was fun just being able to watch her play and have fun.

Then of course we played with her babies all the rest of the time. It's non-stop baby adventures from the time she wakes up until the time she goes to bed. She only takes breaks for lunch and dinner. She tells her Mom that no one plays babies like Grandma (lol)! I guess that's part of my role. And this wont last much longer maybe a couple of years at the most.

Now I am back home and getting back into the swing of things. It's a sunny but cold day here so I do want to try and get a walk in at some point. But before that I want to share my card for today.

This one I made a couple of weeks ago as a thank you for a gift that a friend gave me. The colors were from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #722. I was the hostess and I chose gray granite, mango melody, and rich razzleberry for the color trio. Optional was to use designer paper.

gray granite, mango melody, rich razzleberry
 I started my card by embossing the background with the Stampin'-Up "softly falling" embossing folder. My fence is from the CottageCutz "peeking puppy" die and the snow accents are from the "snowman lane" die.

For the snowmen hats, I used mango melody and rich razzleberry designer paper. I decided to use a cloud to carry my "thanks" sentiment. I cut it from rich razzleberry cardstock.

Well that's my card for today. So until next time...…...God bless.

dies I used to create card:
I am also entering:

1. Joy of Sets has a tic tac toe challenge. I chose rectangle, nature and sparkle. 
2.  Crafter's Castle is anything goes w/option of glitter. I used glitter paper for my snow banks.
3 PolkaDoodles has an anything goes challenge


 

14 comments:

  1. Adorable card. Winter hasn't left us yet. She's 8 years old! Wow time flies and yes, you won't have baby dolls much longer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love this take on our sketch - really nice to see snow as the Nature element - thanks for joining us at JOSTTT003 - hope to see you again next month - we have something special happening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card, great to have you join in with #josttt003

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! ha! I love that you have chosen the snowmen for nature. Thanks for taking part in the #JOSTTT003 challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those snowmen are super cute! Thanks for joining the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card and you have created a beautiful scene. Thank you for playing along at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable! Love the falling snow and snowmen for nature. And the rectangular fence. Thanks for joining us for #JOSTTT003.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a fun winter card. havent seen much lately but it is a nice twist. Thanks for playing along with us at JOSTTT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a very cute card! And great background! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. We hope to see you next time too!
    Blessings, Jeanie
    DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and very cute card, just love it! Thank you for sharing your beautiful make with us over at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/ and hope you will join us again.
    Take care,
    Ann-Marie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Cute Snowmen! Thanks for joining us at JOSTTT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a fun card. Thank you for joining us for our Week 10 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Polkadoodles.

    Why not join our other other challenges at Digi Choosday and A Gem of a Challenge.

    Hugs Lisa Crafting Belle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awhhh so cute are you snowmen. Gorgeous card.

    Thankyou so much for joining our Friday Challenge at Polkadoodles
    Hugs
    Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous card, got to love those noses! Thanks for joining the #JOSTTT003

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails