Sunday, January 31, 2016

We Go Together

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog on this last Saturday of January 2016.
 
Today I had my stamp group over for a day of crafting. There were only 3 of us but it was a fun day of talking, eating and working on our own projects. I made some beef stew for lunch and served it with cornbread.
 
One of the women brought some fabulous pastries from a favorite Italian Bakery in the Pittsburgh. Moio's has some fabulous desserts. There were some left and my husband even got to enjoy one for dessert.
 
I was working on some Christmas cards. Didn't complete anything but I have about 8 in the works. It's a head start for Christmas 2016. I am determined not to be stressing come December (lol)! So I will see how my plan works out.
 
Now onto today's card. This is another that I made for the color challenge #567 on Splitcoaststampers. I was the hostess and I chose strawberry slush, mint macaron and early espresso for my color trio. Optional this week is to make a Valentine using these non-traditional colors.
strawberry slush, mint macaron, early espresso


 I went with the Valentine option and I am using some new to me dies and stamps I just purchased from Taylored Expressions.

My background hearts are cut with the blooming hearts die. I used early espresso and replaced the espresso hearts with strawberry slush and mint macaron hearts. Layered this over very vanilla cardstock and my base is strawberry slush.

My cute images are from the "little bits - pb & j" dies. I cut the peanut butter from kraft cardstock and the jelly from strawberry slush. The sentiment is from the "we go together" stamp set and stamped on mint macaron card stock.
 
That's my card for today. It's late and time to dim the lights in Charmed Life Land for another day. So until next time.......God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: pizza my heart, we go together (Taylored Expressions) 
Paper: strawberry slush, mint macaron, early espresso, very vanilla, kraft (Stampin'-Up) 
Paper Size: A2 Ink: early espresso 
Accessories: blooming hearts cutting plate, pizza my heart dies (Taylored Expressions), pierced rectangle stax (MFT)  
 
I am also entering: 
1.  Fantasy Stampers Challenge Blog has a love is in he air challenge.
 

3 comments:

  1. This adorable card made me smile! Love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary this is sooo cute, It makes me smile!! Sounds like a fun time to get together with other ladies to stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super fun card, love cratathons with friends. Thanks for sharing at Fantasty Stampers. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails