Monday, January 11, 2016

~Celebrate 2016~

 
Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog on this Sunday in January. It was a cold day here in Pittsburgh with a bit of snow. Not much though but one of those windy and blustery days that you just want to stay inside. Which we did after church and a quick lunch at Outback. 
 
My 5 year old granddaughter called me and we talked for about 1 1/2 hours in the afternoon. We do a video call on our I-Pads with the Apple FaceTime technology.
 
So we had a snack together and then played with her dolls and some other of her toys.  She likes telling me "secrets" so she takes the Ipad in her bed under the covers and whispers little things. It's just too cute.
 
Sometimes I think I could be doing other things but I quickly put the thought away. Could anything be more important than spending time with her even if it's a video call. It's how we get to see each other regularly-several times a week. Since she has no brothers or sisters I am her playmate. My son and daughter-in-law just go about the house while she and I talk.
 
There will come a time when she gets involved with school or other activities and the calls may stop. So for now I just need to savor the time she wants to spend with me.
 
Now onto my card for today. This is another card I made for CC562. Vicki is our hostess and she chose black, silver and gold. Optional was New Years. This gave me a chance to get 3 New Years cards made for people that I didn't get a Christmas card from me. Timing is everything!!

On this card I used a new to me die from Impression Obsession. It's the city landscape layers die. The celebrate word and 2016 are dies from MFT.

The background designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up collection "all is calm". It reminded me of a snowy scene in the city. I scattered a few gold sequins to complete this card.
 
Well that's it for me for today. So until next time .......God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: : black, silver, all is calm dsp (Stampin'-Up) 
Paper Size: A2 
Accessories: city landscape layers (Impression Obsession), celebratory greetings & little numbers dies (MFT), gold sequins (Darice)  

I am also entering:
1.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Quirky Crafts has a celebrate challenge.
3.  Crafty Calendar Challenge is to use something new. I used my new IO landscape die.
4.  Cards In Envy has a shiny New Years Challenge.

10 comments:

  1. What a great new years design Mary! love the layered cityscape! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skyline die cut looks fantastic against the paper and the sequins are such a nice addition! Another beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great new years card! I love the city skyline and sky (celebrate!) Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are absolutely right, there is nothing more important than that time with your granddaughter. I'm sure she will treasure these memories too. I like your card and how you used the skyline die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card. Love the skyline and it looks so festive and celebratory. Great for the New Year. Thanks for joining us in our Shine challenge at A Card in Envy. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - love the dimension in the silhouette. Love that you are able to spend time with your granddaughter this way - alot of grandparents don't embrace the technology so they miss out! Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. I love the skyline diecut. Thanks for joining in our "Something New" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful - love the skyline you created.

    Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and the Crafty Calendar Challenge and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

    Helen
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, Wow... you've created another amazing New Year's card. Love the design of this one, too! So glad you played along with our first CIE challenge of 2016. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow the sequins are great!! LOVE this!!! Thanks for playing with Cards in Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails