Saturday, January 16, 2016

Love You 2016

 
Hello Blogger Friends and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. It's the 16th day of January already and the start of a holiday weekend here in the USA.
 
It's also football playoff weekend and our Pittsburgh Steelers are in round 2 this weekend. We play the Denver Broncos at their stadium. We will be going to my son's home to watch the game. Although there is some snow expected, I don't think it will be much to hinder driving.
 
Yesterday I made a major dent in getting the Christmas decorations taken down, packed and put away. It's such a tedious process and I was at it for well over 6 hours before I lost my energy. I am still battling the remnants of a cold as is my hubby.
 
I am thinking of cutting back some for next year. And, anything I didn't use this year I packed in a box to send off to the local thrift store. January is always a good time to declutter and organize. I will be at our closets organization next. I started all of that last year and they are in fairly good shape. Just need some minor touches and a few bigger storage containers especially the linen closet.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #565 on Splitcoaststampers. Barbara was our hostess and she chose black, white and red as her color trio.
 
When she chose her colors I immediately thought of a Valentine card. So that's the direction I went on my first sample. I had this card pinned on one of my Pinterest boards so I used it as inspiration.

My background embossing is done with the hearts embossing folder from Darice. The designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "timeless elegance" collection. I used a Stampin'-Up border punch on this panel.

The 2 larger hearts are dies from Cheery Lynn Designs and the "love you" words a die from Impression Obsession. The smaller hearts are also from the same IO die.

That's my sample for today and now I have one Valentine card for my stash. I send a few of them so I need to get busy. It will be hear before you know it. well, time to get back to my Christmas put away. So until next time......God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: black, real red, whisper white, timeless elegance dsp 
Paper Size: A2 
Accessories: two of hearts (cheery lynn designs), love you heart (Impression Obsession), border punch (stampin-Up), hearts ef (Darice) 
 
I am also entering: 
1.  Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge.  
2.  Hiding In My Craft Room has an embossing challenge.
3.  Crafting With Friends has an anything goes challenge.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your card with the 'Anything Goes' challenge over at CRAFTY FRIENDS... your card is so lovely... good luck in the draw and hope to see you again.
    Diane Louise (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Mary, the embossing dp and lacy hearts make an awesome card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love all those hearts, such a great card thanks for joining our anything goes challenge at Crafty Friends, please come back soon with another creation, hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails