Tuesday, January 5, 2016

~Holly Jolly Holidays~

 
Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Tuesday to all of you. Here we are at January 5 already, and it's time to think about taking Christmas decorations down for another year. Didn't I just get everything put up? The take down process is just as tedious for me.

I may start in a day or two with just my nutcracker collection. I would like to enjoy the Christmas trees for a bit more. With all the activity over the holidays I feel like I didn't get to just relax in front of them.

But that won't be tonight either because hubby will be gone to a basketball game.  And,  I will be picking up Ethan (youngest grandson) at school and then spending some time at my son's home. I haven't been over there in a couple of weeks.

One thing I am getting to do is look back over the Christmas cards I made this year. This is another I made for the CC561 challenge on Splitcoaststampers. I was the hostess and my color trio is coastal cabana, bermuda bay and smoky slate.

 My inspiration came from this card that I saw on Pinterest. I really liked the Christmas package look. So I re-created it in today's colors and added an additional layer.

My background designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "winter frost" collection. It has all 3 of the challenge colors.  I layered it with smoky slate cardstock and then my card base is Bermuda bay.

My "ribbons" and "bow" are cut with the Blueprints 1 die from MFT in bermuda bay. My tag is a die from Sizzix and cut in smoky slate. The sentiment is stamped in Bermuda bay ink. Stamp is from the MFT " gift tag greetings" set.

Well that's my card for today. Time to get busy with my day because before I know it the clock will roll around to 2:00 pm and I leave for the drive across the city to get Ethan.

So until next time.......God bless.

card details:
Stamps: gift tag greetings (MFT) 
Paper: bermuda bay, smoky slate, winter frost dsp (Stampin'-Up) 
Paper Size: A2 
Ink: bermuda bay 
Accessories: blueprints 3 dies (MFT), scallop tag (Sizzix)

I am also entering:
1.  Crafting From the Heart has an anything goes.
2.  Dream Valley challenge is Christmas.
3.  Not Just Cards has an anything goes challenge.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails