Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Get Well Soon

 
Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Tuesday to you all. Winter has finally hit the Pittsburgh area with our first big dose of snowy weather. 
 
Our first accumulative snowfall always causes problems. It came in forms of white outs at various times and creating hazardous driving conditions.  Fortunately for me I was at Preschool and then back home again so I didn't have to drive in it.
 
Several accidents around the area kept me from driving over to pick up Ethan after school. I can go over there on Thursday but I wasn't going today. I don't like driving in snowy weather if I don't have to even though I have an SUV. As I sit and type this post the wind and snow are blowing furiously. Tonight our low will be around 8° so it may cause school delays in the morning.
 
Well enough of our weather. Let's move to the card I am showing today. This one I made for the color challenge #564 on Splitcoaststampers. Peggy was our hostess and she chose cucumber crush, pacific point and sahara sand as her color palette. Optional was to make a get well card.
cucumber crush, pacific point, sahara sand

 
I bought this cute Lawn Fawn set a while ago and decided to use it to make a cutsie type card. Something I don't usually do, but I am sending this to my friend who is battling breast cancer, and I thought it would bring a smile.

My background designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "schoolhouse" collection. The tilted panels are cut with the MFT pierced rectangle stax dies.

I stamped my band-aids, prescription bottle and the birdie nurse in the challenge colors and then did a bit of paper piecing on all 4 images. Well blogger friends, that's my card for today. So until next time.......God bless.
card details:
Stamps: get well soon (Lawn Fawn) 
Paper: sahara Sand, pacific point, whisper white, schoolhouse dsp 
Paper Size: A2 
Ink: cucumber crush, pacific point (Stampin'-Up), tuxedo black (Memento)
Accessories: Spellbinders Matting Basics A& B, MFT pierced rectangle stax, get well soon dies (Lawn Fawn) 
 
I am also entering:
1.  Crafting From The Heart has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Craft Your Passion has an anything goes. 
3.  Classy Cards 'n Such has a bright and cheerful challenge. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails