Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 27th - It's Your Day

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog on this final Sunday in January.  
 
It was a beautiful spring like day here in Pittsburgh and we are in the middle of winter. I am not complaining though by any means. There was plenty of sunshine and a beautiful sunset. And, my day started with church. We had a guest speaker that brought such an encouraging message for us. What could be better for a Sunday?
 
Now I am just relaxing typing up this blog post and waiting for my Downton Abbey series to come on television. So let's move onto my card for today.
 
This is a card I made from the Stampin'-Up December Paper Pumpkin Kit. The kit theme was to make calendars and there is even a holder for the completed projects.
 
I decided to make the monthly calendars and give them to my friend for her desk at work. But since January was almost over when I started the kit, I made a birthday card for my niece instead.  
 
I found this idea on Pinterest from Debbie's Designs. I cased her idea but I did use different flowers and added gold sequins to my card.
 
The calendar came as part of the kit. I stamped over the number 01 with the January word stamp in soft suede ink. Then, wrapped some gold bakers twine around the calendar.  The gold foil banners came in the kit as well. I used some dimensional adhesive to pop up the calendar left of center on the background paper.
 
Since Sueanne's birthday is on the 27th I used some punches to cut a circle to place over the 27. The background designer paper was a part of the kit. I only had to add the die cut flowers which also came in the kit.
 
Stamped "it's your day" on the white banners that came in the kit. This sentiment is from the Paper Pumpkin June 2015 kit. Finished this card by adding a few gold sequins to the right corner.
 
Well, Blogger friends it's time to close this post and dim the lights in Charmed Life Land for another day. So until next time........God bless.
 
card details:
stamp set: its your day(PaperPumpkin June 2015) one great year (Paper Pumpkin December 2015)   
paper: rich razzleberry
ink: soft suede
Accessories: Paper Pumpkin Kit December 2015,  1/4" & 1/2" circle punches
 
I am also entering:
1.  My Pumpkin Challenge has a full year of fun challenge.
2.  Addicted To Stamps has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Hiding in my Craft Room #236 is a freestyle challenge.
 

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet arrangement for a birthday card! Rich Razzleberry has become one my favorite colors, and I love the little specks of brightness your sequins add! Thank so much for sharing with us at My Pumpkin Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty card Mary! Each detail is perfect. I am also jealous of your spring day! :) Thanks for sharing at the My Pumpkin Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, very elegant and stylish!! I love the design and colour choice. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation thank you for joining our challenge at ADDICTED TO STAMPS I hope that you will join us again
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails