Saturday, January 9, 2016

~Happy 2016~

 
Hello Blogger Friends and a happy Saturday morning in January to you. Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog.
 
I think I have turned the corner with this head cold. Yesterday I did pretty much nothing but rest and had some delicious chicken soup. It's just such comfort food when you are sick with a cold. Although I have read that there are healing properties in chicken soup. I am no authority but it does make you feel better.
 
My hubby and I prepared the soup together and now we have a bit stock pot full. So we can enjoy it over the next several days. Perfect winter food!!
 
Speaking of turning the corner, I have done that with all the Christmas cards I have been showing. I had a few more but they were just variations of others I had previously shown. So now I can move to the new years cards I created.
 
This one I made for the CC562 on Splitcoaststampers. Vicki was our hostess and she chose black, gold and silver for her color palette. Optional was to make a new years card.
 
For this card I used the MFT die sun, moon and stars. I saw this card on Pinterest and used it for inspiration. I cut the star trail directly into the black cardstock so there is some sparkle from the silver card base. It just doesn't show well in this photo. 

My happy word is from the "happy hellos" die from MFT and the 2016 is the little numbers die also from MFT.  Scattered a few gold sequins to complete this card.
 
Well that's it for me for today. So until next time...................God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: silver, black (Stampin'-Up) 
Paper Size: A2 
Accessories: sun, moon and stars, happy hellos, little numbers dies (MFT), gold sequins (Darice) 

I am also entering:
1.  Scrappers Delights has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Brown Sugar has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Fussy and Fancy has a happy holidays challenge.
4.  Cards In Envy has a shiny New Years challenge.

11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love the gorgeous stars and design.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Fussy and Fancy.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is beautiful. love the simplicity of it. thank you for sharing it with us at FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT xx.
    http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Stunning card. Thanks for joining us at BSC.

    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT Brown Sugar challenge
    http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary wow this is a gorgeous card! Thank you so much for your lovely comment and I hope you have a great 2016
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to say Happy New Year, Mary! I hope 2016 is a wonderful year for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful New Year card mMry!! Love the way the dark background shows off the 2016! Glad to hear you are feeling a little better! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunnnig card!
    Thank you for joining us at Scrappers Delights
    Veronique DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to know you are feeling better and what a beautiful new years card too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this New Year Card. The design is great and I love how you added in shiny elements! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy for our Shiny New Year card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, Glad to hear chicken soup worked some magic. And, I just love the design of your shiny new year card. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your trail of stars!!!! Thanks for playing with Cards in Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails