Monday, January 4, 2016

~Christmas Shaker~

 
Hello Blogger friends and a happy Monday to you all. Well, we had our first snowfall of the season. Just a light dusting but one of those ones that started as freezing rain and caused road headaches last night and this morning.

The salt truck was just on our street so conditions might still be somewhat bad. But, the good news is that the sun is shining. Whoo-hoo!!! It's been too many dreary days without it.

I am off to the gym in a bit so I wanted to get this post done before I go. I fully expect it to be jam packed with the new years rush of people. That will settle down after a few weeks as new year's resolutions are broken. (lol).

Anyway onto my card for today. This is another I made for Christmas. It was sent to my sweet 5 year old granddaughter. She saw one of my shaker cards and asked me to make her one some time ago. So this was an easy one to make as a one of a kind. the only thing I would do differently would be to add a few more sequins.

I used the colors from CC561. I was the hostess and my color trio was coastal cabana, bermuda bay and smoky slate.

 To make my card, I used this tutorial from Nicole for a star shaker card. Her directions are clear and easy to follow.  

 My striped background designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "winter frost" collection. It has all 3 of today's colors.  I layered that onto a coastal cabana card base.

I cut my star from silver glitter paper. The sequins on the card front and for the shaker are the bermuda bay color.

Cut my merry word from a PaperTrey Ink die in coastal cabana and that completes this card. It's also time to close this post and get started with my day. So until next time.......God bless.
 
card details:
Paper: : coastal cabana, winter frost dsp (Stampin'-Up), silver glimmer paper (Recollections) 
Paper Size: A2 
Accessories: holiday words die (PaperTrey Ink), bermuda bay sequins, window sheets, star framelits (Stampin'-Up) 
Techniques: shaker cards 
 
I am also entering:
1.  Classy Cards 'n Such has a winter blues challenge.
2.  Eclectic Ellapu wants us to use one or more dies.
3.  Glitter "n Sparkle has an anything goes challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so gorgeous. I love the colors and the fabulous shaker. Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and what a fun card for your granddaughter! I personally can't help but give a shaker card a shake!!
    Winter has come with a vengeance at our house. The snow is pretty, but the ice and frigid temps are free to leave any time now!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails