Sunday, March 3, 2024

Thanks For Your Hospitality

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this first Sunday in March. 

It's a beautiful Spring like day here with temps hovering around 64°. We just came back from a 2-mile walk and I thought I would get a Blog post in before it's time to start dinner. I am planning on a salmon dish I made before. It's really delicious and here is a link to Pinterest if you are interested in the recipe.  

I am still having trouble with my FeedBlitz account and this has been going on since October. Customer service has once again escalated to their billing department so I will just have to wait and see what happens.

Now onto my card for today. This one I made as a thank you to send to my neighbor who invited us down to their Florida home for a week's stay. It was a wonderful week of sunshine and warm temps.

I tried a technique I have seen on Pinterest and YouTube. It's called the Fractured Card technique. It's a fun and easy technique. I followed this YouTube video from Lisa Curcio. She gives the measurements to use for each cardstock and designer paper piece you need for this card. Here is the link

I used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #988. The colors were blueberry bushel and white. Optional was anything goes. I chose to use green for a 3rd color.


The designer paper is from the Stampin' Up "berry delightful" collection. The blueberry images are from the "berry blessings" stamp set. It's a 2-step stamp set, and I think it gave the blueberries a watercolor look. My neighbor does water coloring so she will like this card. 

The sentiment is also Stampin' Up - it's from the Paper Pumpkin "Welcome Inn" kit from June 2023. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time......God bless. 

Card Details:
Stamps: berry blessings, Welcome Inn (Stampin' Up)
Paper: blueberry bushel, white, berry delightful dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: blueberry bushel, night of navy, garden green, granny apple green (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: stitched square die (CottageCutz)
Techniques: Fractured Card
I am also entering:
1.  Die Cut Divas has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Crafts Galore Encore is anything goes. 
3.  Polkadoodles has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge. 
5C.R.A.F.T. Challenges is female. 

 

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, Mary! Thank you for including the link to the video - I'm going to have a go at this one :)
    Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” March Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty - great design and papers. I love it. So glad you joined our "Anything Goes" challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the "fractured" technique - just love the patterns you combined and the pretty stamped berries! Thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! The blues are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card. The two-step stamped blueberries look so real. Great choice of patterned papers. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails