Saturday, March 23, 2024

Easter Cross & Lilies

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's a rainy and cold day here in Pittsburgh. So perfect for staying indoors and getting crafty. I still need several Easter cards to make. I bought a paper pad that will be perfect for some quick cards. So my plan is to work on those today. 

I have a lot of household chores to get done today but I wanted to get this Blog post done before I start cleaning. It will go quick because I keep up daily with any clutter that is sitting around. Sometimes I wonder how larger families keep up with everything. There are just the two of us here and I am picking up every day. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #991 on Splitcoaststampers. Our color trio was melon mambo, lemon lolly and pretty peacock.. We also had an option of anything goes. I chose designer paper.
melon mambo, lemon lolly, pretty peacock

For my Easter card I started with my background designer paper. It's from the Divinity Designs "heavenly skies" collection.

From there I decided on my layout and used an Easter cross and added some lilies. The cross is cut from pecan pie (neutral) cardstock. The lilies and stems I cut from Bristol smooth and I shaded with picked raspberry distress and forest moss ink.

The He is Risen phrase is cut in pretty peacock cardstock. The dies I used are from Cottagecutz. I added a lemon lolly layer to the designer paper and the card base is melon mambo. 

That completes this card and this post. So, until next time.....God bless.

Card Details:
Paper: melon mambo, pretty peacock, pecan pie (Stampin' Up), Bristol smooth cardstock (Canson), Heavenly Skies designer paper (Divinity Designs)
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Ink: picked raspberry distress, forest moss distress (Ranger)
Accessories: Spring Lilies, Cross w/Draped Cloth, He is Risen Cross dies (CottageCutz)
I am also entering:
1.  Double Trouble Challenge is a favorite floral image. In Spring mine is a lily. 
2.  Creative Inspiration Challenge is anything goes. 
3Crafty Gals Corner is anything goes. 
4.  Fab 'n' Funky has a Spring challenge. 
5Beautiful Blossoms challenge is anything goes w/florals. 



4 comments:

  1. It's really nice when you find in your stash a paper blending for a required color challenge and your cross and lily are so pretty against it. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Beautiful Blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Mary! I am sure this will be a blessing to the recipient. He is risen, indeed! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble #162.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful!! I love those colors together and this is just a lovely Easter card. Thanks for joining us at double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails