Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Bunny Treats

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this first day of Spring.

 It was a cold and windy day with occasional snow but it's a new season. Our Spring flowers are popping up in our gardens. Daffodils, tulips and hyacinths are blooming not only in our gardens but all over our neighborhood. It's always a welcome sight after Winter

I did get to the gym today to work out my trainer. It was a strenuous workout, but I always feel good when its finished. Then later in the day I went over to a friend's house to help her with her handicapped son. He was in my pre-school class several years ago. They are such a precious family and I just felt as though I was to go and help them once a week. It's been so rewarding to me and a help to them. 

Now onto my card for today.  I used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #990. We were to use parakeet party, orchid oasis and starry sky for the color trio. Optional this week is to add something warm which could be a 4th color. I added a sun cut in daffodil delight.
orchid oasis, parakeet party, starry sky

I thought I would try an Easter card with this week's colors and I was able to pull it off. The clouds are stenciled with orchid oasis ink. The grass is stenciled with parakeet party ink. I used Bristol Smooth cardstock because the inks blend so much better.

Mr. Peter Rabbit is cut in baked brown sugar (neutral) and his outfit in starry sky designer paper. The wagon and eggs are in the challenge colors.

I added the sun and the Bunny Treats sentiment to finish off my card. Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time......God bless.

Card Details:
Paper: orchid oasis, starry night, parakket party, daffodil delight, 2022-2024 in0color dsp (Stampin' Up), Bristol smooth cardstock (Canson)
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Ink: parakeet party, orchid oasis (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Bunny treats die, Mr. Peter Rabbit die, Stitched Sun die (CottageCutz), clouds stencil, grass stencil (MFT)
Techniques: stenciling
I am also entering:
1.  Simon Says Stamp has an Easter/Spring challenge. 
2.  Crazy is our Fame- Stencils are our game is anything goes w/optional theme Easter/Spring. 
3.  Try it on Tuesday wants us to use a stencil. 
4.  A Perfect Time to Craft has an anything goes challenge. 
5Classic Design Challenge is anything goes w/option of 4 legged friends. 



2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails