Friday, March 15, 2024

Masculine Birthday

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's the start of the weekend. So, I hope you have some fun plans that include some crafting. Or maybe you are celebrating the St. Patrick's Day holiday. We have a big parade downtown tomorrow morning. We don't go because it gets a little rowdy with all the partying that goes on. 

There is also a home show that has been going on since March 8. We did speak with a contractor about doing some updates on our deck. It was on the house when we bought it and the wood now needs replaced. We are going to replace the wood with composite. We are excited for the new look we will have. Looks like work will be started in May.  I will take photos of the completed work and post them here. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for my brother for his birthday. I like how it turned out. An outdoor scene makes for a great masculine card. 

I used dies from CottageCutz to create this card. From the Christmas 2023 collection I used the Pine Tree Full, Pine Tree Slim and the Winter Deer dies. The Happy Birthday sentiment is also a die from CottageCutz. I thought cutting it in white cardstock would make it standout on the background designer paper. 

When I assembled the pine trees I splattered a little white acrylic paint. I was after a snowy look. The background designer paper is from Stampin' Up it's a sand shade. 

I think my brother will like this card. He always compliments the cards I send him. Well that's it for me for this post so until next time......God Bless.

I am also entering:
1.  Addicted to Stamps & More has a birthday challenge. 
2.  I Spy with my Little Eye has a something with a "B" challenge. 
3.  The Paper Funday is anything goes w/optional twist of dies. 
4.  Unicorn Challenge is for the boys/men. 
5.  Gem of a Challenge is anything goes. 
   
 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful masculine birthday card. Love the gorgeous dimension you achieved with your die cuts. I'm sure your brother loved his card. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great outdoorsy card, Mary. Love the scene and it makes a perfect masculine card. The new revonation sounds like a great update on your home, I am sure it will look so nice!
    Thanks so much for playing along this month at I spy with my little eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So great to see this beautiful card linked up at my Crafty Wednesday challenge. Thanks so much for sharing there as well!!

      Delete
  3. Very handsome birthday card Mary, I can also see this as a festive holiday card. Thanks for sharing your sweet card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! I love the textures. Thanks for joining us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and scene.

    Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails