Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Sunflower Birthday Wishes

Hello Blogger friends. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Hope your week is going well. I just came home from my workout at the gym. I see a trainer every Wednesday and work with him for an hour. He has given me a routine to do at home with the equipment I have here. So, I do that one 2 days a week. I just want to stay healthy and fit as I get older. 

Tonight for dinner I am making a creamy broccoli bacon soup. I made it a few weeks ago and my hubby and I really enjoyed it. Plus it's very healthy. I am on a Paleo lifestyle plan and this soup fits in with my diet plan. Here is a link to the recipe if you are interested. 

Fo my card today I am featuring one I made for the color challenge #983 on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use granny apple green, crushed curry and pumpkin pie for her color trio. Optional was to use sunflowers on your card. 
crushed curry, pumpkin pie, granny apple green

My card started with my background paper. It's from the Stampin' Up Sweet Sunflowers Paper Pumpkin Kit from August 2022.

It has a sunflower, but the other flowers were in crushed curry and melon mambo. So, I cut smaller sunflowers in crushed curry cardstock, a bee, butterfly and some hearts and placed them over the other flowers.

I inked the edge of my flowers with spiced marmalade distress ink to cover the pumpkin color. My card base is the granny apple green color.

Stamped my sentiment on a tag from the kit and added some crushed curry enamel dots.

This one will go to my good friend in Virginia who has a July birthday, and the sunflower is her favorite flower.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless.  

Card Details:

Stamps: beyond the horizon (Paper Pumpkin March 2022)
Paper: granny apple green, crushed curry, choc chip (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: choc chip (Stampin' Up), spiced marmalade distress (Ranger)
Accessories: Sweet Sunflowers PP Kit - August 2022, Crushed Curry Enamel Dots (Stampin' Up), Harvest Cornstalk, Fall Scarecrow, Fresh Strawberry Patch dies (CottageCutz)

I am also entering:
1.  A Perfect time to Craft has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Beautiful Blossoms Challenge is anything goes with Flowers + optional mood board. 
3Crafts Galore Encore is anything goes. 
4.  Daisy Chain Challenge is anything goes. 
5.  Triple B Challenge is anything goes with a Bird, Bloom or a Butterfly. I have a Butterfly and Blooms. 

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely Spring/Summer scene! Thanks for playing at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we appreciate your support!
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I am sure your friend will just love it. The colors are perfect, too....Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are gorgeous sunflowers, what a beautiful card!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
    Diane TB Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! I love how you made flowers! It goes all perfectly together!

    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    ~ DT Dagmara

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails