Friday, February 16, 2024

Valentine Love

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Another weekend is upon us, so I hope you have plans for something crafty. We are expecting a snowstorm here in the Pittsburgh area. In fact, as I type this post it's snowing. We haven't had a lot of snow this winter so having a snowy weekend is ok with me. 

I made a big pot of chili for dinner. It's nice to have comfort food when the weather is cold and snowy. My hubby really enjoyed it - even though it was a bit spicy. Tomorrow I will make taco salads for dinner. I love it when a meal extends to a couple of dinners.

Now onto my card for today. This is the last of this year's Valentine cards. I usually make several cards and then let some of our friends pick one for their wives. This one was the last one picked. 

A friend stopped over on Tuesday and really liked this card. The inside sentiment read "Love is just a word until someone comes along to give it meaning". The sentiment really touched him, so he picked this card. 

I also sent him home with some stuffed banana peppers. I had a lot of them in our freezer from last summer's harvest. He really enjoys them. 

Now onto my card for today. I used the colors from the Splitcoasstampers color challenge #986. I was the hostess, and I chose real red, gorgeous grape and garden green for the color trio. Optional was anything goes.
real red, gorgeous grape, garden green

I decided to make a Valentine card using some non-traditional colors. This one is created with elements from the Stampin' Up January 2024 Paper Pumpkin Kit.

For the option I added a 4th color of highland heather. The background designer paper, lavender and greenery are part of the Paper Pumpkin Kit.

I used a panel of highland heather cardstock and embossed with a hearts folder. Die cut a love phrase, stamped the Valentine sentiment and added a real red bakers twine bow to complete my card.

Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless. 

Card Details:
Stamps: key to my heart (January 2023 Paper Pumpkin), lovely lavender (January 2024 Paper Pumpkin)
Paper: gorgeous grape, highland heather, real red (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: gorgeous grape (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Paper Pumpkin Kit January 2024, Heart Epoxy Droplets (Stampin' Up)
I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Catz has a Valentine or Love challenge. 
2.  Creative Fingers Challenge Blog has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  Cut It Up has a have a heart challenge.
4.  Creative Inspiration Challenge has an anything goes challenge.
5.   Moving Along with the Times has a Love Hearts challenge. 







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful - such an elegant design.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cut It Up Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails