Sunday, February 18, 2024

Gate Fold Masculine Birthday

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this Sunday in February. 

It's been a cold and blustery weekend in Pittsburgh. We had snow on Friday night and Saturday morning. The sun is shining today so that's always good but very cold. 

I had to make a quick stop after church at the grocery store and the wind was blowing pretty fiercely. But I am home now with dinner in the crockpot. We are having some comfort food with a roast, mashed potatoes and roasted cauliflower. 

Now onto my card for today. My friend asked me to make a card for her son who loves to ride his motorcycle. I am also entering it into the Featured Stamper challenge #889 on Splitcoaststampers. My card is a gatefold style with a belly band. So let's get started with the card details.

Design Steps:
I started by preparing the card base and the layering panels.
Card Base - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"I scored both panels at 2 1/8" on each side.
White Layers - 5 3/8" x 2"
Designer Paper Layer - 5" x 1 7/8"
Belly Band -11" x 1 1/2" - scored at 7 3/8" & 3 1/8". 
I cut the pieces for the motorcycle. I used red and black since that's the color of her son's bike. I cut a circle using the 3rd largest Stitched Circle die. Sponged some clouds using Tumbled Glass distress ink and Mowed Lawn distress ink for grass. Attached the motorcycle image with dimensional adhesive.
I wanted a sentiment on the front but I didn't have any stamps that would work. So, I used the letters from the CottageCutz Cinema Drive-In Sign and Fifties Phrases #2 dies for the "Ride On" phrase. I attached the image on the belly band and slid it over the card front.
 
I finished the inside of my card using the CottageCutz Happy Birthday w/ shadow die. I also stamped a sentiment. It's from an old Verve set. 


Well, that's my card for this post. So, until next time......God bless. 

I am also entering:
1.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Creative Creases Challenge #76 is anything goes with a fun fold. 
3.  Craft Rocket Challenge has a birthday challenge. 
4.  Creative Inspirations #11 is anything goes.  
5.  Time Out Challenge #257 has a birthday challenge. 











7 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect BD card for a guy who loves motorcycles! Glad you joined us at Time Out Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, thanks for joining us at Creative Creases for our 3rd Anniversary. This is a great masculine card.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Mary, I love this fantastic masculine gatefold card! The motorcycle is wonderful. All guys love motorcycles, whether they have one or not! Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    "Without Valentine’s Day, February would be… well, January.” — Jim Gaffigan

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one amazing belly-band Mary and a fun fold too. Love it! Thank you for joining us for Creative Creases Challenge #76. Hope to see you again soon.

    Rae in Reno
    Creative Creases DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT masculine card! Love the motorcycle! Thanks for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great gatefold card Mary. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails