Monday, February 12, 2024

We Go Together

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life blog today.

It's been a couple of weeks since I have posted a card but for good reason. We were away in Florida visiting a friend. My friend and her husband bought a home there and spend the winter months enjoying the milder temps and sunshine. 

They invited us down last year as well. The weather was perfect averaging between 60°-72°. It was sunny every day that we were there except one day it rained. When we left Pittsburgh, we hadn't seen the sun for 5 days in a row. So getting many days of sunshine was perfect for us. 

We are home now and having milder temps here as well. I think our winter weather is returning in the next couple of days. 

I have made several Valentine cards and wanted to get them posted before the day comes and goes. This one I made for the color challenge #984 on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use melon mambo, very vanilla and pecan pie for her color trio. Optional was anything goes.
melon mambo, very vanilla, pecan pie

I decided to try a Valentine card using these non-traditional colors. And for the optional, I added a 4th color with fresh freesia.

My background is the Blooming Hearts cutting plate from Taylored Expressions. I cut it in pecan pie, melon mambo and fresh freesia. Used the die inlay technique and added hearts in melon mambo and fresh freesia.

My cute images are from the "little bits - pb & j" dies also from Taylored Expressions. I cut the peanut butter from pecan pie cardstock and the jelly from melon mambo. The sentiment is from the "we go together" stamp set (Taylored Expressions) and stamped on fresh freesia in pecan pie ink.

I usually make extra cards and let the men from church pick one for their wife. This one however I gave to one of the trainers at my gym to give to his wife. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time......God bless. 

Card Details:
Stamps: pizza my heart, we go together (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: melon mambo, very vanilla, pecan pie, fresh freesia (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: pecan pie (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: blooming hearts cutting plate, pizza my heart dies (Taylored Expressions), pierced rectangle stax (MFT)
Techniques: die cut inlay
I am also entering:
1.  Die Cut Divas has a non-traditional Valentine card challenge. 
2.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  Allsorts Challenge is hearts w/option of anything goes. 
4.  Crafty Calendar Challenge is to add a heart. 
5.  Inkspirational Challenge is hearts. 



9 comments:

  1. Such a very sweet Valentines card, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts and including the heart option.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So darn cute! Love the PB & J! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, I love the background. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Hearts option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popping back to say thank you for also sharing your beautiful card in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun PB and J on bread Mary - love your hearts die cut background - thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: Hearts! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really, really cute! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas. Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, Well done!! Thanks for entering your card at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
    Geweldige kaart. Super!!!!! Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
    Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

    Vanaf heden geef ik workshops en verkoop ik mijn kaartjes via mijn FB groep
    Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
    You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Challenge blogs:
    Girlz Creative Christmas 
    Girlz makes Guyz Cards
    Girlz creative crafts
    Creative sketchy girls

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never had peanut butter and jelly, but this is so sweet and I trust you that those 2 items go together. Delicious theme and color scheme. Thanks for joining us over at INKspirational!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails