Saturday, January 27, 2024

Happy New Year

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this last Saturday in January. 

It's a damp and cloudy day here in Pittsburgh. Rain is in the forecast for later on today. But the days are getting longer. Sunset is now at 5:30 so it's light until about 5:45. 

I didn't get any craft time in today, but I am getting my craft room straightened out. That is a never-ending job! My plan this winter is to purge what I am not using and get it organized a little better than I have right now. 

So, if you are in the US and would like any designer paper let me know. I am giving it away at no charge and will gladly mail it out to you. It's all Stampin' Up paper. I have so much of it that I have to let some go. 

Now onto my card for today. I made this slimline card for my trainer at the gym and enclosed a gift card to one of his favorite restaurants. I didn't get to see him right before Christmas, so I gave it as a new year and new goals card. 

The colors are from the color challenge #981 on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use balmy blue, highland heather and smoky slate for our color trio. Optional was to make it sparkle.
highland heather, balmy blue, smoky slate

The background paper is a slimline card front from Divinity Designs. It had the perfect colors. I added a couple of snowmen since it is a winter themed scene. Their scarves are cut in the challenge colors. 

I used white glitter paper (2024), balmy blue glitter paper (snowman scarf) and a gray glitter paper (stars) for the sparkle. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time......God bless. 

Card Details:
Paper: black, highland heather, balmy blue, Balmy blue glitter paper, white, black (Stampin' Up), slimline card fronts (Divinity Design)
Paper Size: 8 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Accessories: snowy village accessories, star dies (CottageCutz), little numbers (MFT)
Techniques: slimline card
I am also entering:
1.  Allsorts has an anything but square or an anything goes. 
2.  Crafty Calendar has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  Polkadoodles has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  C.R.A.F.T. Challenge is winter. 
5.  Crafty Gals Corner challenge is winter fun has an anything goes challenge. 

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my how beautiful that festive scene looks and those little snowmen really stand out against the darkness a real beauty thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours in this background paper make for a beautiful wintry scene. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous background.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, this is such a cute card and your little snow people couldn't be more perfect, Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, the background scene paper is amazing and the snow people are so cute. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails