Thursday, January 25, 2024

Key to My Heart

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's somewhat of a milder day here in Pittsburgh. My hubby and I were able to do our walk outside instead of at our indoor local Community Center track. That one gets a little busy, but it allows us to get a 45–50-minute walk in. So, I am not complaining.

I finally got all of my Christmas decorations taken down and packed up for another year. I pulled out all my next season decorations which would be Valentine's Day. I usually leave those up until March and then decorate for Easter. But this year Easter falls on March 31 so that may change my schedule up a bit. I haven't decided as yet.

But for today I am featuring a Valentine card. I used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #935. We were to use rich razzleberry, fresh freesia and evening evergreen for the color trio.
fresh freesia, rich razzleberry, evening evergreen

For this card I used the January 2023 Paper Pumpkin Kit from Stampin' Up. It had the fresh freesia and rich razzleberry colors as part of the kit. I used the fresh freesia card base that came in the kit. I really liked the background on the base. I added the lock & key (from Kit) to the vellum round.

Stamped my sentiment in rich razzleberry ink on a die cut banner. The stamp I used is part of the kit. Added a few evening evergreen opal rounds and this card is done.

Well, that's it for me for this post. I plan on posting a lot more on my Blog since I have resigned my position on the CottageCutz team. It was almost an 8-year stint but I have some other responsibilities that will be taking more of my time this upcoming year. 

Card Details:

Stamps: key to my heart (January 2023 Paper Pumpkin)
Paper: Fresh freesia, vellum (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: rich razzleberry (Stampin'-Up)
Accessories: January 2023 Paper Pumpkin Kit, evening evergreens, christmas cardinal dies (Stampin' Up)

I am also entering:
1.  Fab 'n' Funky has a "stamp it" challenge. 
2I Spy with my Little Eye challenge is hearts or roses.
3.  A Perfect Time to Craft has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  Crafts Galore Encore Challenge is anything goes. 
5.  The Card Concept has a new year love challenge. My design is clean and layered. I was inspired           by the love theme.



5 comments:

  1. Mary, this is such a sweet card and looks terrific in those colours. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Card Concept this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful image for a Valentine's card and it's such a pretty card! I hope to add a few Valentine's decorations soon too. I took the Christmas decor down in early January but then decorated a bit for just winter. I'm ready for some pretty Valentine's things now to brighten up February :)
    Thanks so much for playing along at I spy with my little eye!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful and romantic card perfect for Valentines, I love the colours you've chosen. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n' Funky .
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, Mary. This is adorbs. I'm loving the sweetness of this lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Card Concept and please join us again soon.
    Karen L, DT
    The Card Concept

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and stylish Valentine card - love the soft colours. Thanks so much for sharing with this month's "I Spy" challenge theme of "Hearts and/or Roses".
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails