Friday, January 26, 2024

It's A Girl

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. Another weekend is upon us, so I hope you have something crafty planned. 

Today I had an appointment with the functional medicine Dr that I am seeing. This Dr is a Godsend. He is a board certified internist but he doesn't practice medicine by just treating a symptom and handing you a prescription. He works with his patients to develop a comprehensive wellness plan by digging deeper and tending to the roots of the illness. He can write a prescription if needed but that's not his first line of approach. 

I am not really having any major medical problems and I was looking for a Dr like this for years. A friend of mine mentioned him in casual conversation and it immediately piqued my interest. I looked him up online and called for an appointment. I have seen him 3x now and each visit I am more and more impressed. 

Anyway, that was my day. So now I am moving onto my card for today. This one I created using the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #982. Our colors were pool party, soft seafoam and bubble bath. 
pool party, soft seafoam, bubble bath

My niece just had a baby girl, and I thought these colors would work great for a baby card. And, I thought a screen divider layout would also work for the baby dies I wanted to use. I am really happy with how this turned out. 

Here is a link to the tutorial that I used. 

I focused on the bubble bath color for my card. But I did get the soft seafoam in with the diaper pin and  pool party ink is sponged on the cloud.

My panels are the vanilla cardstock and I embossed with a heart embossing folder. The dies are all from CottageCutz.

That's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless. 

Card Details:
Stamps: Ten Little Fingers (Great Impressions Stamps), Practically Perfect (Verve)
Paper: bubble bath, soft seafoam, baked brown sugar, vanilla, ivory, white (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: tumbled glass distress (Ranger)
Accessories: decorative label punch, oval punch (Stampin' Up), garden rail punch (Martha Stewart), Stork, Bear on Cloud & Moon, Diaper Pin, Baby Footprints, Heart dies (CottageCutz), Heart EF (Darice)
I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Creative Creases has anything goes with a fun fold. 
3.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  Craft Rocket Challenges wants us to use embossing. 
5 Creative Knockouts has a lots of layers challenge. 


9 comments:

  1. Mary, this is beautiful. I have never made this fun fold. I thought you had to have a special die and I do have the one Dawn used. I really love the top edge! Thank you for the link to the tutorial and for playing with us at Creative Creases.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet new baby girl card! I love all the fun dies you used to decorate your screen card! Your niece will love this darling card! Thanks for sharing your card with Creative Creases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super project. I love all the details and spetialy the sentiment.Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such a beautiful keepsake! Truly a beautiful creation with so many lovely elements! So glad you joined us at Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely card and folds thanks for playing along at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet baby card, Mary! Love the fun fold you used and the adorable images. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done, Mary. All of the little details on the screen-card make this very special. Thank you for your entry in the Creative Creases Challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
    Rae in Reno, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty and thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty catz

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails