Monday, November 27, 2023

Holiday Lantern

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Hope you had a great weekend and that your Thanksgiving celebration was a good one. Ours was such a wonderful time with family. I never take these times for granted anymore especially since the days of Covid restrictions. 

I started my Christmas decorating and hopefully will finish up this week. I put up two trees and I decorate every room downstairs, so it does take me 3-4 days. But I love Christmas and seeing my home look so festive. 

I wanted to get this card posted before I get back to the decorating.

This one I made for the color challenge #973 on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use granny apple green, polished pink and balmy blue for our color trio. Optional was anything goes. I chose to use red for the option. 
granny apple green, polished pink, balmy blue

I went with a Christmas theme for my card. I used the Vintage Holiday Lantern die and cut in 2 of the challenge colors plus a few allowed neutrals of mossy meadow, soft suede, a metallic brown and a metallic beige.

I cut my Noel phrase in polished pink. This is a new die from Stampin' Up. 

The background snowflake embossed paper is from Lasting Impressions. I have had it in my stash for years.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time......God bless. 

Card Details:
Paper: polished pink, granny apple green, mossy meadow, real red, soft suede (Stampin' Up), sea water (Bazzill), metallics (Worldwin Papers), white snowflakes embossed (Lasting Impressions)
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Accessories: Vintage Holiday Lantern die (CottageCutz), Noel die (Stampin' Up),

I am also entering:
1.  Cardz 4 Galz has a wet or dry embossing challenge. 
2.  Alphabet Challenge is to use quadruple shapes or images. I used 4 letters for my sentiment. 
3Crafty Catz is anything goes w/optional of Christmas or Winter. 
4.  My Time to Craft Christmas has a theme of snowflakes. I used snowflake embossed paper. 
5.  Gem of a Challenge has an anything goes. 



5 comments:

  1. Mary: this is lovely!!! I had to zoom out on your photo to find the embossed snowflakes but that was no problem! :) I'll let you in on a little secret that one of my owned challenge blogs called FarmQuest for #41 is going to have a sources of light theme starting at 12am Nov 28!!! Yes, 12am central time/Chicago! Your lantern would be so perfect over there! So close! But back to MTTCC--thanks so much for sharing your lovely lantern holder featured card with us! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just GORgeous! I LOve your colours and design. Your Pink is just perfect!
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
    DT Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful, this is certainly labor intensive. LOTS of die cuts, but all worth the effort. It's just gorgeous, I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Your lantern is amazing!
    Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz
    Debbie - C4G DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mary, this is just lovely! Fabulous job using those colors! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails