Friday, November 24, 2023

Autumn Friends Celebrate Thanksgiving

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Hope your Thanksgiving celebration was a wonderful time with family /friends. We celebrated with our family. It was a great time with our kids/grandkids and my meal turned out perfectly. Even the gravy didn't give me any trouble this year. 

My daughter-in-law bought a delicious broccoli-cauliflower gratin. I had my usual menu of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, corn, homemade cranberry sauce, rolls, pumpkin and apple pies. 

Needless to say, we were all more than full after dinner. We waited until after clean-up to have dessert. I am already looking forward to Christmas dinner because I will have my CA son and his family here as well. 

Now onto my card for today. This was the last one that I made for Thanksgiving 2023. I wanted to post it yesterday but there was just no time between Wednesday or Thursday.  

I used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #974 for my slimline card. We were to use poppy parade, crushed curry, pecan pie and crumb cake for the color combination. Optional was anything goes. I chose the addition of blue for this part.

poppy parade, crushed curry, pecan pie, crumb cake

I cut the Autumn Friends (CottageCutz die) images in the challenge colors plus a few allowed neutrals.

For the Fall Tree (CottageCutz die), I wanted the look of the trees we see in PA in the Fall season. So, I cut in white cardstock and blended barn door and fossilized amber distress inks to get a beautiful Fall color. I colored the 3 leaves with the same inks. These inks are a match for the Stampin'Up colors.
Next, I chose this pattern of designer paper for the card background. I liked the blue sky and the sun rays. It's from a pack called "heavenly skies" (Divinity Designs) and they are sized for a slimline card at 6" x 9".
I cut a white card base 4" x 9" and the designer paper is also 4" x 9" to cover the white card front. I attached the designer paper to the card base. And cut a slope in the crumb cake shade using the Hills Slimline die. They are both attached with double sided tape.

I attached my images with clear drying glue except for the Bear & Owl. I used dimensional adhesive to  lift them slightly off the card base.
To complete the card, I cut a couple of clouds using the Stitched Sun, Clouds & Umbrella (CottageCutz die). I cut them from the leftover designer paper. Stamped my Happy Thanksgiving sentiment and attached to the card base.
That's my card for today. So, until next time......God bless. 

Card Details:
Stamps: gift of fall (Paper Pumpkin 2019)
Paper: crushed curry, poppy parade, pecan pie, crumb cake, soft suede (stampin' Up), Heavenly Skies Designer Paper (Divinity Designs)
Paper Size: 4" x 9"
Ink: pecan pie (Stampin' Up) fossilized amber distress, barn red distress, antique linen distress (Ranger), tuxedo black (memento)
Accessories: Fall Tree die, Autumn Friends die, Clouds die, Hill slimline die (CottageCutz)

I am also entering:
1.  The Paper Funday challenge is anything goes-with optional grateful/thankful.
2Crafty Animals Challenge #78 is anything goes with an animal. 
3.  Crafting Happiness Challenge is a Turkey or any animal. 
4.  Critter Crazy Challenge #80 is anything goes with a critter. 
5.  The Four Seasons Challenge is anything Fall goes. 

 

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and I am so glad you found a moment to post it! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely the cutest fall card with all the cute critters, I just 'hit' the Cottage Cutz Black Friday sales!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute bunch of critter friends. Thanks for sharing them with us at Critter Crazy, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Autumn scene! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge, we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon!
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails