Friday, November 17, 2023

Layered Leaves Thanksgiving Card

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. It's a rainy, damp day here in Pittsburgh. So perfect for spending time in my craft room. I am finishing up my Thanksgiving cards with this card. I sent it off to my friend in Virginia. 

I purchased my Thanksgiving turkey yesterday. It's a 21# bird. It usually takes longer to thaw than what the package reads so I usually buy it a week before Thanksgiving Day. 

I keep my menu the same every year. I love Thanksgiving and the wonderful family time we have along with the delicious meal. I roast a turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, glazed carrots, fresh cranberries and dessert of pumpkin and apple pies. My daughter-in-law will bring another vegetable. She's a great cook so it will be something delicious. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created using the contents of an older Stampin' Up Paper Pumpkin Kit. It's from 2017 and this card finished off the kit- finally. 

The kit included the large leaf image, the greenery, background designer paper, bakers twine and the gold leaf die cut.  I made this one different from the kit ideas which were to make pillow boxes. I used the kit to make all cards. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless.

Card Details:
Stamps: Layered Leaves (PP Kit 2017)
Paper: cajun craze, PP Kit 2017 (Stampin" Up)
Ink: cajun craze (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Paper Pumpkin Kit, cajun craze twine, cajun craze sequins (Stampin' Up)

I am also entering:
1.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Crafty Catz #659 is anything goes.  
3.  Creative Knockouts has a lots of layers challenge.
4.  Simon says Stamp has a Thanks/thanksgiving challenge. 
5.  The Card Concept has a Fall Leaves Challenge. My card is the Clean and Layered style. 
 





3 comments:

  1. Pretty fall card. great design. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, it's layered nicely with just enough to keep it simple but effective Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, this card is gorgeous! Love the colors, the elegance and it is perfect for our #201 Fall Leaves Challenge at The Card Concept! So thrilled that you joined us this month and hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails