Saturday, November 18, 2023

Joy to the World Tree

Hello Blogger Friends. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's the Saturday before Thanksgiving and I am getting excited for the upcoming holiday. My son, daughter-in-law and grandsons will be coming for dinner. It will be a wonderful family celebration for sure. 

My hubby's family was also invited but they are going to celebrate at his brother's home. My mother-in-law who is 93 and has limited mobility thought it would be easier to go there for dinner. 

Now onto my card for today, I am featuring a Christmas card using the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #965. We were to use granny apple green, melon mambo, poppy parade and shaded spruce for our color trio. 
melon mambo, poppy parade, shaded spruce, granny apple green

For my card, I decided to try making it Christmas with these colors. I started by used the Blooming Holiday Cutting Plate from Taylored Expressions and I cut in white cardstock.

Layered that panel on a piece of shaded spruce cardstock. It's also my card base. Then I cut the image again in melon mambo and did the die inlay technique. I cut only the greenery stems in granny apple green and also did the die inlay.

My "joy to the world tree" is a die from CottageCutz. I cut it in shaded spruce cardstock. I added the ornaments in poppy parade, added a gold star and the tree base in soft suede to complete my card. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless.

Card Details:

Paper: shaded spruce, melon mambo, real red, granny apple green, gold, white (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Accessories: Blooming Holiday Cutting Plate (Taylored Expressions), Joy to the World Tree die (CottageCutz)
Techniques: die cut inlay

I am also entering:
1.  Allsorts has a Christmas Time challenge. 
2Inkspirational has a Seasonal challenge. 
3.  Most Magical Time of the Year Challenge is Christmas or Halloween.
4.  My Time to Craft challenge is "it's got to be Christmas". 
5.  C.R.A.F.T. challenge is Christmas. 
6.  Art Impressions has a making spirits bright challenge. 


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous creation! Thanks for sharing with us at CRAFT Challenge!

    Judy V
    GDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully traditional Christmas card, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts Christmas Time challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous festive card thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary this BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you for joining us at INkspirational~

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pink and green are perfect together to create this vibrant ans stylish festive card. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails