Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Christmas Deer - Folk Art Style

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's another beautiful day here in Pittsburgh. We have had sunshine and blue skies for 5 or 6 days in a row. It's colder but when the sun shines it makes it ok. 

I started thinking about Thanksgiving today. It's one of my favorite holidays of the year. I have such pleasant memories of Thanksgiving celebrations when I was a child. My Mom's family would come and celebrate with us. She was such a good cook, and everyone loved her bread stuffing recipe. I make mine just how she made hers. My family enjoys it as well.  

I can't believe it's just a week or so away. I plan on buying my turkey on Thursday. I usually get a bigger one and it takes 5-6 days to thaw out. We like the Honeysuckle white brand. It roasts up perfectly and we get to enjoy it for a few days after Thanksgiving. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I made using the Folk Art Deer die from CottageCutz. I decided to turn it into a Christmas card. I will send this to a cousin in California. He is from Pittsburgh and likes winter scenes just not living in them (LOL)!!!

I cut the deer in 2 shades of blue cardstock and added red and green for the embellishments. I put a Santa hat on him after all he is a Christmas deer. 

Embossed the background with the snow swirls embossing folder. Added a snowy hill covered just the top portion with glitter. 

The Peace and Joy phrase is also a die from CottageCutz. The stamped sentiment is from Spellbinders. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time.....God bless. 

Card Details:
Stamps: Lots of Wishing You (Spellbinders)
Paper: white, real red, garden green, misty moonlight, soft suede, night of navy (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: tuxedo black (Memento)
Accessories: Folk Art Deer, Mountain Lodge, Peace and Joy Wreath (CottageCutz), Snow Swirl EF (Darice)

I am also entering:
1.  Cardz For Guyz wants us to create a winter scene.
3.  Aud Sentiments has an either/or challenge. I chose Christmas + a sentiment. 
4.  Crafty Animals is anything goes with an animal. 
5.  Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog is anything goes. 
6.  Critter Crazy challenge is anything goes featuring a critter. 



5 comments:

  1. Fantastic!! I especially love that embossed background!! Thank you for playing along with our "Winter Scene" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! A true card "4 a guy" with that great woodland stag! -Deb Horst, DT #C4G335

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty. I love the deer and it looks great with the embossed background. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog and best of luck with your entry.
    Barbara DT Member for https://merrylittlechristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Mary! Your deer is quite majestic in this setting and the lovely embossed background flourish is perfect, I just love the quirky addition of the Santa hat and what a fabulous nordic colour scheme! Absolutely delightful, thanks for sharing it with us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge and inspiring us all!
    Hugs, Kate (DT The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, Mary. Those are some special dies! Lovely winter, brrrr. Thanks for joining us at C4G this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Critter Crazy Challenge Janet DT.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails