Saturday, November 25, 2023

Christmas Ornaments

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's the Saturday after Thanksgiving and time to start thinking seriously about Christmas. I will be taking down all my Fall decorations today and start with Christmas. 

For my Christmas decorating I usually take about 3 days to get everything done. I love this season and decorate every room on the downstairs level. I also decorate minimally the 2 bedrooms that my son and his family will use when they come for their Christmas visit. 

Then there are my Christmas cards. I have 19 made so far and still need a lot more. I send boxed cards to those who don't really appreciate a handmade card and I don't feel guilty about it (LOL).

Now onto my card for today. This one I made using the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #967. We were to use parakeet party, fresh freesia and highland heather. 
parakeet party, fresh freesia, highland heather
I thought this would be a great trio of colors to use for ornaments on a Christmas card. I used night of navy cardstock (allowed neutral) for the ornament itself and the challenge colors for the decorations on the ornaments.

My layout is a slimline design (3 1/2" x 7 1/2"). Background designer paper is from the Stampin' Up "penguin playmates" collection. The Ornament are a new die from CottageCutz- Old Fashioned Ornaments 2. 

I added some candy canes, holly leaves and peppermint twist candies for interest. Finished off my card with sequins.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time .....God bless. 

Card Details:
Stamps: Christmas Messages (Hero Arts)
Paper: fresh freesia, highland heather, parakeet party, night of navy, white, pengruin playmates dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: 3 1/2" x 7 1/2"
Ink: night of navy (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: old fashioned ornament 2(CottageCutz)
Techniques: slimline card

I am also entering:
1.  Time Out Challenges has a Winter/Holiday Challenge. 
2.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes challenge w/option of Christmas or Winter. 
4.  Inkspirational Challenge #303 is seasonal- I chose winter with a Christmas theme.   
5.  TicTacToe challenge #236 -I chose the 3rd column or right. 


5 comments:

  1. Mary... these colors are fabulous! Such a fresh modern Christmas card. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Tic Tac Toe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary... loving your card at TIME OUT as well! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Time Out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and love the colors. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful and elegant, as well as festive, in non traditional colors. Well done! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design - very elegant.

    Thanks for joining us at The Merry Little Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails