Sunday, November 12, 2023

Give Thanks

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

I had to post this funny story. 
 
We made a quick stop after church at Sam's Club, and I went in while hubby waited in the car. I forgot that I took the keys with me, and he shut the car off and opened the door. Well, you know that sets the alarm off.  

He had to come into the Club looking for me. My phone started ringing and it was him. Of course, I thought he was going to ask what is taking me so long. Instead, he asked where are you? I am in the store, and I can't find you. I resisted saying it's a big store how did you expect to find me (LOL)!!!! 

I got to where he was quickly and gave him the keys. He ran into a couple of people we know, and they laughed when he told them the story. They said we heard the alarm in the parking lot. Oh by the way he did ask me what took me so long when I returned to the car!

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #971 on Splitcoaststampers. Our colors were pretty peacock, crushed curry and cajun craze for the  color trio.
crushed curry, pretty peacock, cajun craze

For my card I went with a Thanksgiving theme using new Fall dies - Fall Wheel, Fall Barrel (sunflowers) and the Autumn Friends die from CottageCutz. I cut my images in the challenge colors plus a few neutrals.

My background paper is from the Stampin' Up "come to gather" collection. I have wanted to use this particular pattern, and I think it worked well on my card. Sentiment is from an old Verve set- "abundant harvest".

Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time......God bless. 

Card Details:
Stamps: Abundant Harvest (Verve)
Paper: crushed curry, cajun craze, pretty peacock, black, pecan pie, crumb cake, early espresso (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: cajun craze, (Stampin' Up) fossilized amber distress (Ranger)
Accessories: Fall Barrel die, Autumn Friends die, Fall Wheel die, Square dies (CottageCutz

I am also entering:
1.  Crafting Happiness has a Thanksgiving/Harvest challenge. 
2Die Cut Divas challenge is all about the Holidays. 
3.  Crafty Calendar has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  Just Us Girls has a thanks or Thanksgiving challenge. 
5.  Polkadoodles challenge #45 is anything goes. 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and sweet die cuts on this Mary! That fox is so cute with his scarf - and love the pumpkin paper behind it too! funny story! Something always happens when you leave the guy alone in the car......!! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful Thanksgiving card, lovely design and your colourful diecuts really pop against the subtle colours of that fabulous design paper. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Love that little fox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling Fall card, Mary! I especially love the sunflowers and that adorable fox. Thanks for playing at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty autumnal card. The die cuts are pretty and I like how you've presented them on your card. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautifully done! Thanks for joining in our November challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you focused attention on your center panel. Lovely card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas this month.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails