Saturday, November 11, 2023

Farm Scene

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

Another weekend is upon us, and I hope you have some crafty plans. We don't have anything special planned for today just some household chores. Then tomorrow it's church and on Sunday nights we have a prayer meeting in our home. 

We have 6 couples who come 2x a month and we pray for our nation, our city and whatever else God has for us. So if you have a prayer need, let me know and we will pray for you. 

Now onto my card for today. I created a Thanksgiving card using the CottageCutz Fall Farm Scene die. 
Design Steps:
I started by cutting the scene from a pecan cardstock. The scene itself measure 4 1/2" x 3 1/2".
Next, I used the die inlay and overly technique to add some color to the scene. For the inlay part, I gave the barn a red door and a red roof and added red apples to the basket. 

For the overlay part, I cut the sun in a yellow cardstock and glued it over the brown sun. And for the tree I gave it a Fall look by cutting the tree a 2nd time with white cardstock and used distress inks for the color.

I was going to do ink blending for the background then decided to try and use patterned paper in blue and green shades.
The blue measures 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"
and the green measure 3 1/2" x 2 1/8".
I secured those with clear drying glue. I glued the green paper up just a teeny bit high and because I glued it down it wouldn't move. So, to cover that I added some leaves to the base of the tree. 

I added a layering panel using a terracotta cardstock. My card base is a mossy green.
terracotta layering panel: 3 3/4" x 4 3/4"
mossy card base: 4" x 5"
To finish off my card I stamped a simple "Give Thanks sentiment on the tree. 
That's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless. 

I am also entering:
1.  Cut It Up has a layer it up challenge. 
2.  Cardz 4 Galz has a thank you, thankful or Thanksgiving challenge.
3.  Creative Inspiration Challenge #8 is anything goes.  
4.  Creative Knockouts has a Fall is in the Air challenge. 
5.  The Paper Funday has an anything goes w/option of thankful, thank you or grateful. 

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat, IIonka
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I love the die cut Autumn Farm scene. You've created a beautiful card. Please continue to pray for our country and for our Military Service Members. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful fall card. You do awesome work with the die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful farm scene! Thanks for joining our Layer It Up challenge at Cut It Up.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, A very interesting and beautiful card showing a farm, Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up "Layer it Up" challenge. Please join our newest challenge #291 "Friends and Family."
    Hugs,
    Larelyn (CIU owner)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat, IIonka
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails