Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Fall Scarecrow

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

I mentioned yesterday that I had eye surgery recently and the Dr had restrictions on what I couldn't do. Going to work out was one of them but he ok'd me and today was my first visit with my trainer in a month. 

I work with him once a week and then the other 2 days I work out at home. It's just less expensive to do it this way and it works for me. The workout went well. He kept things just a bit easier since it's been a while. It felt so good to be back doing the things I did before the surgery. 

Posting to my Blog is something else that I wasn't able to do but I am back now. This card I created for the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #972. I was the hostess, and I chose blueberry bushel, crushed curry and pumpkin pie for the color trio. Optional was a 4th color or a scarecrow or both. I used both. 
blueberry bushel, crushed curry, pumpkin pie

For my card I used the new Fall Scarecrow die from CottageCutz. I cut him in the challenge colors plus some neutrals. For the straw I used crumb cake cardstock and shaded with crushed curry ink.

Stenciled some clouds in the background using the MFT mini cloud stencil. I added a sun and some pumpkins to complete my card. The "happy fall" phrase is part of this die. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time......God bless. 

Card Details:
Paper: blueberry bushel, pumpkin pie, crushed curry, pecan pie, crumb cake, choc chip, old olive (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: prize ribbon distress (Ranger)
Accessories: Fall Scarecrow die, Stitched Sun die (CottageCutz), cloud stencil (MFT)
Techniques: stenciling

I am also entering:
1.  Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday is anything goes. 
2.  I Spy with my Little Eye is shades of Autumn.
3Stencils are our Game challenge is stencils plus optional of leaves. 
4Crafts Galore Encore is anything goes. 
5A Perfect Time to Craft Challenge is anything goes. 



4 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you are back at doing the things you love, this card is so very cute, love the scarecrow! And it's so perfect for our theme at I spy with my little eye this month. Thanks so much for playing along, so great to see your card at my Crafty Wednesday challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is so so cute! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are able to get back to crafting and exercising after your eye surgery. love this scarecrow card - very cute, and fab dies. Thanks so much for playing along with my theme of "Shades of Autumn" at Ellibelle's "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge this month.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really cute little character and a great card.

    Thanks for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails